What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best 939 board there ever was?

Eldonko

DFI Ultra D for sure. Ive owned probably 15 different 939 boards including DFI Expert and the Ultra was the best by far.

magictorch

Im no veteran

But I love the Asusa8n32 SLI deluxe I have at the moment!
Very stable, cool, easy to OC. Manages this 8800GTX pretty well for an older spec system.
Ill be sad when I retire it in the New Year for Intels latest offerings.

chibi_man

sswilson

Staff member
VERY interesting... I put together 2 different bundles based on price and performance.(just the basics, not including GPU) What do you think.

Mobo: Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Memory: OCZ 2gb PC6400 DDR2 Dual Channel NVIDIA
CPU: AMD Opteron 180

Mobo: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR
Memory: [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mushkin Redline XP PC4000 2GB 2X1GB DDR500[/FONT]
CPU: AMD Opteron 180

Might want to have a look at your choice of memory in the first instance...... (You'll need DDR1 not DDR2........ :) ).

AkG

IMO, building a 939 based system is just not worth it anymore. For about the same money you can get either AM2 or intel775 cpu. DDR1 pricing is insane compare to DDR2. Same goes for the mobo. YMMV, but 939 is only a viable option if your buying 2nd hand...cheaply.

chibi_man

my bad, I didn;t pay much attention. 939 maybe over, but there still an awesome socket. and this is all about AMD... 775 can kiss my rear end. lol
AM2 has not impressed me enough to really think about them. Please do impress me if you know of a good AM2 board... but right now I still want to find what was the best board for 939.

BALISTX

DFI LANParty UT Ultra-D has my vote as well, a very stable board and you can't beat it for overclocking. It's what has made this board so sought after. I had one that was SLI modded and I loved mine.

Mr. Cipher

I paid $1300 for the system in my sig and it works well enough, but the motherboard gets 2 thumbs down from me. I can't overclock more than 55mhz with this thing - and the crossfire runs on dual 8x lines rather than dual 16x because it's the old Crossfire Xpress 200 chipset.

chibi_man

So it comes down to 3 boards in the end. 2 DFI 1 for Asus, at least from the boards mentioned.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
DFI Lan Party nF4 SLI-DR
DFI Lan Party nF4 Ultra-D

seems to me that DFI and the LanParty series has taken first place in board choice.

Latest posts