What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best case mod ever!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
No case!

20131023_152806_zps38df8093.jpg

Cut a hole through the wall big enough for the dvi cable. Case is now in the closet in the spare room next to me.

20131023_152822_zps8c393bce.jpg

It is dead silent in the room. Eerie in fact. This is even better than my attempt at a quiet PC. This is zero noise. I love it.

lowfat

Staff member
I did the same thing a few years back. Except I had issues w/ USB dropping out when the CPU was put under load. This really only works if you can keep your cables under 10 feet long.

PS: Clean up your wiring. :bleh:

Bond007

Its good if you want silence...but now all the work (and money) you put in to have a nice looking computer is gone to waste.

Shadowmeph

I did the same thing a few years back. Except I had issues w/ USB dropping out when the CPU was put under load. This really only works if you can keep your cables under 10 feet long.

that sucks I would love to do that just have keyboard mouse buy the way where do you get such long USB cables?

Squeetard

"Quote This..."

I'll clean it up as soon as I redo the amp and speakers. The G19 keyboard reaches without extension cables and has wall powered USB ports. Works perfect.

Its good if you want silence...but now all the work (and money) you put in to have a nice looking computer is gone to waste.

Who want's noise? Not me. Gaming or just web surfing is glorious now. And besides photo's posted on line, no one looks at my PC, not even me.

Is that an Orbweaver or an N52TE?

N52TE. I've had it for years and years. It's all I use for gaming, never touch the keyboard. I love it to death and should buy the one you have for sale in case this one ever dies.

Shadowmeph

my room is right next to the balcony which has a attached room ( on the balcony) but also I have a window ( kind of hard to explain) that looks to the balcony if this was my place I would put my PC in the room which is on the balcony and then just have the monitor a couple of USB cable plugins with my mouse keyboard .

Birk

if cable length is an issue, put the case on a table in the closet and drill the hole a little farther up, You can also get wall plates so it doesn't LOOK like you just punched a hole in the wall.

BrainEater

Roger that !

I run my main rig 2 rooms away , 25 foot cables , no issues ever.

It's the 'thin-client' idea.

:thumb:

Latest posts