What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best Driver for Maxwell?

Shadowarez

IV seen this everywere which driver gives say SLI Titans best performance since Nvidia is castrating the performance of Maxwell with every new release I wanna find one that still has gsync but no such of Pascal I guess since that's bout when they decided to de optimize for Maxwell and actually purposely slow down Maxwell.

JD

Staff member
Probably the bigger issue is with how DX12 was implemented in Maxwell, I don't believe it was up-to-par compared to AMD at the time. Now that more things are using DX12, it becomes more apparent and thus performs worse.

I don't really think NVIDIA is slowing them down by drivers. The only thing is they aren't getting the optimization/improvements that Pascal is getting. Pretty much the normal course.

Personally, you should sell your Titan and buy a 1080 or 1080 Ti. Not sure why you'd SLI Titans at this point as SLI has never scaled properly in all games.

Shadowarez

Well vulkan will fix most of that as time goes plus I'll wait till Vega puts Nvidia back on consumer Price levels instead of empty you're wallet,bank, sell a kidney and we'll take you're soul on layaway.

Think I'll look for a driver that just came out before Pascal was announced. Prob back in the 340's is were I'll start, and yeah Maxwell was promised proper DX 12 drivers but that's all B's, I'll stick with DX 11 vulkan on win 7 since Maxwell is way past end of life XP style.

I'll just go back to point gsync was working Pascal was a rumored hbm card I'm sure performance will sky rocket.

MARSTG

I noticed very bad behavior of Maxwell with drivers after 350, my fav game is not rendering the cars correctly, and this was both with 750Ti as well as 960. Best results were with 347.xx driver after that it was fallout. However with GTX 1060 and 373.03 driver the game was fine so something after driver series 350 must have happened for Maxwell chips support.

Twitter