What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best gaming cpu/mobo combo cost wise?

draemn

what about the Asrock options? I see complaints about their BIOS not being as nice as Asus'...but they perform very well and generally have friendlier price points than many others.
I read lots of good things about the Asrock boards for the budget they serve. They definitely are not going to overclock as well, but they will do just fine with an R5 like the 3600. It's when you bump up to R7 models, or trying to push an R5 to its limits, that you're gonna be having issues. I almost picked up the Pro4 as it met all of my basic needs at the cheapest price and had lots of good feedback.

djbrad

I have a B450 asrock itx with a 2400g for my htpc. The bios is fine, straight to the point, nothing fancy, lot of options.

Much better than my Gigabyte z170, that I hate, because it's hard to navigate and never go it stable with my ram, even with the xmp profile.

The B450 asrock, I left it at stock bios, 1.00, never had a problem with it, up and running 24/7 since august 2018.

So yeah, I trust asrock and will buy another one, anytime. My 2 cents.