What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best Gaming Sound card

Kessler

Hi, i'm new here, and I need some advice!
I'd like to buy a new sound card, because I don't really like how my REALTEK AC97 sounds.
I'm looking for a card that would be good for gaming.
I was thinking about the Sondigo Inferno or Auzentech X-Meridian at first since I heard they were good and had oxygen HD, but people say they aren't so good for games, and X-FI Xtremegamer should be better.
I currently have Logitech X-530 5.1 Speaker System, and I was wondering which card I should get! :help:

sswilson

Staff member
First thing folks are going to want to know is what OS you plan on running it under.

Some cards don't play nicely with VISTA.

G

IMO I would hold out for what a week I believe and the Auzen X-fi should be out, it looks like what you would be interested in. Personally I dont care for the X-Fi's mainly because of the crackle, popping issue, I play alot of 2142 and it can be a pain in the:censored:

Kessler

Thanks for the replies,
I'm going to use XP, Vista seems to have some performance issues in games.
And for the Auzen X-FI sound card... if it comes out in a week, the cost will surely be higher than the others, but will it make a big difference? It looks like a really high-end sound card :shok: .

Robscix

Yeah, your gonna be looking at over $200 for this card. Considering what you get, I think this card will be a steal. I bought the X-Meridian when it came out and I have never been happier. The Prelude will be the best soundcard to date. It will have all the features from a Creative X-fi for gaming and the audio features from a X-Meridian for music and movies. That is a unbeatable combo...

Latest posts