What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

best mechanical keyboards that have silicon covers available for them?

sswilson

Staff member
The mess is one of the reasons I started buying the mechanical keyboards with the floating key or whatever you want to call them.

Just a quick google suggests memory express has covers for things like ducky keyboards. So a blue based ducky with a cover like that seems to be what your after.

In the garage I actually had a rollup membrane keyboard for a while but it was the most miserable typing experience and I'd not wish one on anyone except for say a POS system at an autobody shop or something.

Heh.... I've got a blue one of those roll-up keyboards kicking around somewhere, and yeah.... it's a bloody nightmare to type on. :)

+1 for the idea of an actual keyboard "condom".... I've used them before in shop environments and while it's not the greatest typing experience I've ever had, it's certainly functional.

Mr. Friendly

Ducky's site sucks...fortunately that cover you linked to says it should work with any 108 key keyboard.

so I updated my original subject to be more on the ball now.

what are reliable and not insanely expensive keyboards with mx blue switches that have red / green back lighting? no blue.

hmmm - back to membrane, seems the Logi G213 is quite popular. that said...I've asked my Logi rep what optoins there are for NFR / Demo programs I can take advantage of ;)

Last edited:

FreeKnight

Ducky's site sucks...fortunately that cover you linked to says it should work with any 108 key keyboard.

so I updated my original subject to be more on the ball now.

what are reliable and not insanely expensive keyboards with mx blue switches that have red / green back lighting? no blue.
Have you considered going with MX Browns instead? If there's anyone within hearing distance they'll hate you for going with blues.....

Mr. Friendly

Have you considered going with MX Browns instead? If there's anyone within hearing distance they'll hate you for going with blues.....
I had an original Razr Chroma...nice keyboard, but gods I hated the software and it was full of LED glitches. klicks don't bug me...and the wife is at her parents place most of the day, but I have no issues regarding the switch I get...I think. I want whatever is best for touch typing, not for gaming or whatnot. :)

Izerous

Folding Team
I have had horrible luck with the LEDs on corsair keyboards. The gigabyte one I picked up the LEDs are still ok but they are off most of the time. This macbook pro has weirdness where it will cut power to the USB ports and with 4 ports I need to use hubs to support monitors, keyboard, mouse, development devices etc and it just can't handle it all so the lights are off to try and help prevent that from happening.

One of my favorite things about the mech board with the floating keys (proper term?) and how much easier they are to clean in general terms compared to enclosed keyboards.

I can't remember the exact model number of the one I had picked up for $50 but it did come in blue & red switches.

Twitter