What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best non-Sli motherboard?

sswilson

Staff member
Man- that's a beaut! I wish I knew people locally that were interested in kick-ass systems so I could build them- I'd be happy just to have my hands on all that gear- even if it was just passing through. I've tried to get my friends interested but they're far too practical :)

You've gotta start them small.......

Offer to OC whatever kit they're currently running, and show them what kind of improvements they're getting from the OC.

After that... it's just a few short steps towards catching the bug........ :)

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Thanks for the kind words...!

I started very simply advertising at work, with fellow co-workers. Then I started growing. I'm building about 1 rig a month. I too prefer now to build and oc them, than to play with them.

Rad... it will have to be on top. I think. Can't wait to receive that new case - plenty of space everywhere!

sswilson

Staff member
Rad... it will have to be on top. I think.

That's what I was thinking, but an inside mount with just the fan guards showing on top, or an outside mount????

Hehehe.....

Must be great having folks pay you to make those kinds of decisions...... (I'd be nervous with the actual case mods though.... :) ).

3.0charlie

That's what I was thinking, but an inside mount with just the fan guards showing on top, or an outside mount????

Hehehe.....

Must be great having folks pay you to make those kinds of decisions...... (I'd be nervous with the actual case mods though.... :) ).
I have to draw sketches to the future owner first - I think it will be an outside rad mount, since she wanted a clean case (re. Lian-Li) but she also wants "something that will make people say Wow" - her exact words.

Rad on top, external with barbs shooting straight up - hoses that have a large radius, looping back to 2 holes in the back panel... maybe even twist the hoses together...

Too much? She won't move the rig at all. I think she wants to display it like a trophy.

As for my skills, I've made a few mistakes. I'm always nervous, but you learn and with time the Dremel becomes your best friend. Knowing which tool to use makes every job a whole lot simpler.

And I have a lot of scrapped aluminium to try out cuts first...

Anyone know of a sidewindow mod for this case?

Eldonko

Saw jmax_oc did the CAS5 WR @ 782MHz with Giga DS3R, maybe Ill get one myself..

wr782.PNG

3.0charlie

Whoa. 782 on PC2-6400? Single Channel?

Got some bad news twice today. First, my customer got scared, kinda. She's cutting the budget in half - I can say goodbye to the Lian Li case... as for the rig parts, it's still in limbo. I'll know more in the next few days.

Second bad news was that my last customer's rig with the E6320 and 680i mobo died. Memory Controller met it's match and gave up. So I'll be using the Gigabyte mobo to replace the dead eVga. We'll see tomorrow night how it matches.

John

M

Misoprostol

I love my P5K Deluxe so far. I haven't done too much overclocking on it yet. I had a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 for about 2 weeks and that was a VERY stable board. Quite enjoyable to use. No BSing around with it.

Latest posts