What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best way to clean a GPU?

Shadowarez

Hey guys I'm about to put another Artic Accelero Extreme IV on my other Titan but wanted to know what's best way to clean off the dust on the pcb around the vrms and back side I used compressed air but this dust ain't moving.

I'll post a pic soon as I'm home but was wondering would isopropyl dip do the trick?

Shadowarez

Ahhh could be worse cat dander they tend to sit on case no matter what I do to keep em off. I could just use the cotton and isopropyl on back were I see it. Will report back soon with before/after pics

KaptCrunch

tooth brush and kitchen sink one with a rinse hose with warm water to blast burbis away, tooth brush for stubborn stuff

let dry for 2 days by window that gets sun

sswilson

Staff member
tooth brush and kitchen sink one with a rinse hose with warm water to blast burbis away, tooth brush for stubborn stuff

let dry for 2 days by window that gets sun
I use paint brushes (the wall kind, not art brushes).

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
Ahhh could be worse cat dander they tend to sit on case no matter what I do to keep em off. I could just use the cotton and isopropyl on back were I see it. Will report back soon with before/after pics

Nothing the fluffy friends like more than an elevated warm place where their human hangs out!..:biggrin:

Kapt's and sswilson's suggestions have merit also. If you can get the grunge off with fluffed swabs, alcohol and another blast of air or two, you can directly proceed to the new heat sink as it will dry very quickly.

Shadowarez

Ty guys I may end up putting this Titan in a Htpc Build I'm. Planning seeing bout network rendering to it since it'll be alot more powerful then 3820 atm.

Latest posts

Twitter