What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Best Wireless Adapter?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
It's a decent card if you have a D-Link router, not so good with a linksys or Cisco. I've had issues getting other brands of wireless cards connect to Cisco/Linksys routers.

bautisj

It's a decent card if you have a D-Link router, not so good with a linksys or Cisco. I've had issues getting other brands of wireless cards connect to Cisco/Linksys routers.

Yes i do have a D-Link Router. So this is the best option/adapter i could get in the market?

YukonTrooper

Is your D-Link Router N-band capable?

Also, there isn't any "best" adapter on the market. They'll all perform the same (G vs. G, N vs. N) as long as there are no compatibility issues of any kind. I've had $50 PCI adapters and $15 USB adapters all to the same effect.

bautisj

Is your D-Link Router N-band capable?

Also, there isn't any "best" adapter on the market. They'll all perform the same (G vs. G, N vs. N) as long as there are no compatibility issues of any kind. I've had $50 PCI adapters and $15 USB adapters all to the same effect.

So it all goes down to the compatibility of routers and the adapters. Okay i get it Thanks! :punk:

YukonTrooper

So it all goes down to the compatibility of routers and the adapters. Okay i get it Thanks! :punk:
Sort of. Rarely you'll get an incompatibility between routers and adapters, and even when you do there is almost always a work around via router or adapter settings.

In the end, the choice if router is much more important than the choice of adapter.

bautisj

True, Well the higher it cost the better it is ? lol

Well, I'm just really after the speed. I do pretty much of Online Gamings. SCII. Dota. Like No lags and shiz while I'm playing.

martin_metal_88

True, Well the higher it cost the better it is ? lol

Well, I'm just really after the speed. I do pretty much of Online Gamings. SCII. Dota. Like No lags and shiz while I'm playing.

Best advice every one will tell you ( if I am not ninja'ed on this one ) is to run a cable if yo want speed. But if you can't the d-link I linked is theebst choice over power of signal and stability. It's sure that you have to pair it with a pretty nice router to get all the power out of it.

Edit : it's not because it's less cheaper that it's better ;) get this off your mind and you will save lot's of money. This one is only the most expensive because for some wierd reason Linksys removed all their customer grade product. Maybe some new are on the way:D:D:D

YukonTrooper

With the signal strength the same between any adapter, the speed will be virtually identical. There's no need to spend anymore than $40 on an adapter. I digress.

Latest posts