What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BF2 crashing,,

curtispan

Hi guys, new to the forums.

I wasn't sure whether to put the threa in gaming or here. Oh well.

I first sent a customer service message to EA but no reply after 3days, so I guess I will try here. These forums always seem hlepful from what I have been reading.

Anyway, I have an overclocked 4200+ AM2 @2.7Ghz and an XFX 7900GS XT that I do not overclock. I like to play with my cousin and I usually talk to him over Skype or Vent. (Teamspeak audio quality just doesn't cut it for us). After 2-3 rounds, I hear this awful pixelated glitchy noise coming from my headphones/speakers. I freeze in game and I try to alt-tab out like crazy. Then my computer completely crashes (although fans are still running) and my screen goes blank. My temps for CPU seem fine (33c) but I don't know if my 7900GS is too hot :S (70c tops). When I run BF2 without Skype or Vent, It will still cause glitchy noises, but if I alt-tab out to Firefox or something, It will just lag like crazy and go back to normal. I reformatted recently to see if that would fix anything, but I guess not. :(

My other specs:
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
G.Skill 2GB DDR2-800
Fortron FSP 550W
Sound Blaster Audigy 4
Scythe Ninja

I have run orthos for 12hours with no stability issues. Any ideas guys?

Last edited:

curtispan

Oh it doesn't crash to desktop, it crashes my computer and I have to hit the restart button.

Prof. Dr. Silver

Your video card should be capable of running higher temps than that, so that's pretty much okay! Make sure you have all the latest drivers for all your devices in your rig! Very important!

curtispan

I believe all of my components are up to date. I have installed the latest video and sound drivers. Am I missing anything else? Should I flash my BIOS to the latest revision?

Thanks

G

Hi guys, new to the forums.

I wasn't sure whether to put the threa in gaming or here. Oh well.

I first sent a customer service message to EA but no reply after 3days, so I guess I will try here. These forums always seem hlepful from what I have been reading.

Anyway, I have an overclocked 4200+ AM2 @2.7Ghz and an XFX 7900GS XT that I do not overclock. I like to play with my cousin and I usually talk to him over Skype or Vent. (Teamspeak audio quality just doesn't cut it for us). After 2-3 rounds, I hear this awful pixelated glitchy noise coming from my headphones/speakers. I freeze in game and I try to alt-tab out like crazy. Then my computer completely crashes (although fans are still running) and my screen goes blank. My temps for CPU seem fine (33c) but I don't know if my 7900GS is too hot :S (70c tops). When I run BF2 without Skype or Vent, It will still cause glitchy noises, but if I alt-tab out to Firefox or something, It will just lag like crazy and go back to normal. I reformatted recently to see if that would fix anything, but I guess not. :(

My other specs:
Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe
G.Skill 2GB DDR2-800
Fortron FSP 550W
Sound Blaster Audigy 4
Scythe Ninja

I have run orthos for 12hours with no stabability issues. Any ideas guys?
I used to get that crackly sound in BF it was my soundcard, dropped the settings and it went away.
I would have a look through this forum, when i have a problem with BF2 or 2142 thats the first place I hit.
Support - Total Gaming Network

Eagle Eye

There has been some speculation that BF2 has compatibility issues with service pack 2 much of what I have read in other forums is pretty dated and peoples hardware configuration is far different and less powerful. I highly suggest looking into the patches that you applied to the game and download the full patch v1.41 if you haven't already any incremental updates have been known causes problems and are particullary buggy.

Good luck,

Eagle Eye

curtispan

Thanks guys, I lowered the sound quality to low in BF2. It was at medium before. Hopefully it will work next time I play BF2.

I am meant to choose hardware as the audio renderer right?

Bazman

You might have to uninstall then reinstall the game. I'm running SP2 and have no problems with it and BF2.

The game is really buggy and you can get conflicts with just about any program, but like I said, sometimes you just have to re-install.

I don't even bother troubleshooting anymore because it doesn't do any good.

You can save your profile, it's in your documents folder.

I forgot to add, anything you want to know about BF2 tweaking can be found here:

TweakGuides.com - Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide

Last edited: