What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BF3 Contest: Screw you Quebec, New York, and Florida (In order of warmness)

FlyingFish

Battlefield 3 - Says Thanks Sweepstakes

EA is holding a contest as a "thank you" for buying BF3. All you need to do is to play online between Nov 11 and Nov 13. You get one entry per day play each day.

Void in NY, Florida, and Quebec.

Or you can enter by submitted by sending an email to bf3sweeps@ea.com with name, home address and email address

Prizes are a trip for 4 to visit DICE in Sweden, $5000 cash, or your choice of an XBox, PS3, or Alienware computer with a copy of BF3.

Arinoth

Staff member
The reason its void there is due to their rather picky contest laws that a lot of companies can't be bothered with. Its mainly the politicians fault for adding in clauses that no one else has, making them singled out. Mind you the companies should try to plan ahead and not limit/alienate certain provinces/states it does happen.

headsh0t

For residents of France only: Telecommunication and access expenses corresponding to the time of connection on the Prize Draw have been evaluated at the flat fee of 0.50 Euros per entry and shall be reimbursed to any on-line participant requesting it in writing at Battlefield 3 Says Thanks Sweepstakes, 56, Rue des Docks, Lyon Cedex 09, Rhone, France 69256. The participants claiming reimbursement of the costs of connection must provide their telephone bill justifying that they do not benefit from unlimited access.

WTF reimbursed for internet access for the contest?

So I can enter by email or just play... Should I do both? And who would choose a PS3/360 over $5000 cash.

bissa

WTF reimbursed for internet access for the contest?

So I can enter by email or just play... Should I do both? And who would choose a PS3/360 over $5000 cash.

I think that is one of the prizes, then there is a prize of either the PS3, XBox 360, and a fancy dell computer. out of those 3 I would probably take the computer and just format/rebuild/cannibalize for parts.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I'll take Quebec's great laws governing contests over the ability to enter every one. A few months ago a certain company held a contest in which I won about ~$1000 worth of swag. They refused to pay up, I filed with the necessary commission here in Quebec and lo and behold....a cheque in the mail with my name on it for the exact value of the items I won.

aristhrottle

Wow that's awesome. Construction industry controlled by organised crime? Meh, no big deal. People might not get free stuff? Quick! Start a commission!!!

I jest.

Latest posts