What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BFG Launches EX-1000 Power Supply

FiXT

Hall of Fame
BFG Technologies, is excited to announce the new EX-1000, 1000 watt modular power supply.The EX Series ushers in a new approach to power supply design, utilizing BFG?s proprietary Frequency Conversion Technology. Frequency Conversion Technology drastically improves low load efficiency by emulating a lower sized power supply. This allows the EX-1000... [ Read full article ]

MpG

In an interesting marketting move, BFG has stated that the power supply is available exclusively at BestBuy for $199.99

That's an oddball move. Although I suppose the FS and BB chains could seriously use some decent computer parts for a change.

FiXT

Hall of Fame
That's an oddball move. Although I suppose the FS and BB chains could seriously use some decent computer parts for a change.
[/COLOR]
Agreed - The question is, what will the REAL price of the unit be if/when it gets picked up by other retailers who don't pad prices like big box stores.

I honestly can't see the benefit of offering a product like that exclusively at BB - those customers are no where near the consumer base for a 1K+ PSU :whistle:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
FYI, Future Shop has started carrying OCZ SSDs and memory. Higher-end power supplies are the next logical step IMO. Plus, the Lifetime Warranty + Canadian RMA facility on these BFG units is a huge benefit.

siiix

what the hell is the point of this ? every one is saving energy but pc powersuplys go up and up... where its absulutely not nececary... i run video cards like 280GTX no problem on a 350W with occasionaly several HD's, newer gave me a problem

JMCD

Really? I find that hard to believe. I run 3 8800 ultras, E8500, 1 250GB HD and a 30GB SSD. I pull 700W from the wall at full load, using a 1000W PSU. Keep in mind consumption is always going to be less than whatever the PSU is actually rated. It's rated for peak power, most people don't get near peak power (more than 90% load?)

jtf2

you can find the bfg 1200 for i think 237 at direct canada.i would personally spend a little extra for the top line psu from bfg.
that 1000 watt seems to have some cable length issues

Latest posts

Twitter