What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BFG Rebates

perfecto

Just a note that I just got a letter in the mail from BFG. After I purchased my 9800GT (about 2 months ago now) I promptly applied for the rebate. I got the cheque in the mail, and held onto it for a week so I could gather all of the rebates together and put them in the bank at once.

The letter from BFG indicates that the "company they deal with for rebates is having financial troubles" and that the cheque they issued to me will BOUNCE if I put it in the bank! So now I have to take the time and effort (and postage) to send yet another rebate in, this time to the USA, and they promise another cheque... in another 4-6 weeks!

So basically, beware of rebates on BFG products.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Not BFG's fault. The Canadian rebate company they use shafted them big time.

BALISTX

Just a note that I just got a letter in the mail from BFG. After I purchased my 9800GT (about 2 months ago now) I promptly applied for the rebate. I got the cheque in the mail, and held onto it for a week so I could gather all of the rebates together and put them in the bank at once.

The letter from BFG indicates that the "company they deal with for rebates is having financial troubles" and that the cheque they issued to me will BOUNCE if I put it in the bank! So now I have to take the time and effort (and postage) to send yet another rebate in, this time to the USA, and they promise another cheque... in another 4-6 weeks!

So basically, beware of rebates on BFG products.

I suggest you read these two threads.

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/press-releases-tech-news/11947-expecting-rebate.html

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...-important-information-about-bfg-rebates.html

Latest posts

Twitter