What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BFG Tech Sending Out RMA Denial Letters: Winding Down Business

jonnyGURU

Ouch. Hate to see BFG go. They're one of my favourite NVIDIA companies. Now my 9600GT is warranty-less. Time to find an excuse to upgrade? =D

@jonny. What did bring BFG to its demise then?

I'm sure someone has that information and will be posting it soon now that this letter stating that they're winding down business is out. Me, I don't feel comfortable yet with sharing the whole back story.

_dangtx_

Banned
keep it tight. to the grave tight.

usually its bad investments, or someone higher up making a mistake...sad for the consumers,employees as well

U

Unregistered

Caveat Emptor

How can a company sell a warranty without having liability insurance in place to cover potential claims? That's the problem with a lot of these Taiwanese and other overseas companies; they don't have the same business practices and standards as we do here in the US and Canada.

jonnyGURU

How can a company sell a warranty without having liability insurance in place to cover potential claims? That's the problem with a lot of these Taiwanese and other overseas companies; they don't have the same business practices and standards as we do here in the US and Canada.

Umm... BFG is an American company based out of Illinois. :doh:

And what exactly is such an insurance going to cover? The company would have to pay into it, increasing overhead and then it would help customers after the company goes out of business, which only helps the customer and not the, no defunct, company. It just doesn't make sense for any company to WANT to do this.

No company really WANTS to go out of business. BFG didn't WANT to go out of business. But once it does go out of business; call it heartless, but what do they care what happens to the products they sold when their company was still in business?

The only way ANY company would ever pay into an insurance that covered customers in the event of the company going belly up is if it were mandated by law. And there is no law that requires companies to do this. In fact, if a company actually files into bankruptcy, it's even LESS likely that the customer will get jack shit.

jcmaz

How can a company sell a warranty without having liability insurance in place to cover potential claims? That's the problem with a lot of these Taiwanese and other overseas companies;

I think you should read the fine print first.

they don't have the same business practices and standards as we do here in the US and Canada.

I disagree. XFX might have limited double lifetime warranty here in North America, but in Asia or Europe, they only have the standard 3 year warranty. Even companies that actually have office in North American a la Diamond, still has crappy warranty services...

_dangtx_

Banned
bfg is..well was, one of the few with the 'no questions asked' rule that actually applied when you applied for rma. cant count more than on one hand the others that do it..gigabyte, and wd...maybe another couple.

Latest posts