What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

big monitor mount options

Mr. Friendly

I have a client that is putting 2x32" screens side by side, but not edge to edge. they need about 6" of space between them for his conference camera setup. he needs to look directly into the camera during his medical conferences with patients.

from what I've seen, any mount for 2x 32" displays need them to be literally edge to edge and when you look at mounts for larger displays, it drops to single monitors. my customer would rather not drill two holes for two grommet style mounts, if possible.

I know there are a number of niche manufacturers out there that cater to stuff like this, but don't recall any names as it's been a long time since I've looked (when I bought my two U3415w 3 years ago).

any thoughts or suggestions?

Izerous

Folding Team

I assume something kinda bulky like wha he builds in the middle?

What I would do is actually look at the triple wide monitor stands instead of duals that should help overcome the extra size of the monitors and still allow some spacing in between

A couple links as an example...

^ These may not actually be tall enough but that is personally the direction i'd start in

Edit: In the office I went two single stands for dual 28in monitors, but went clamp on not drill through mounting. I get the concern of drilling holes into a desktop surface.

Izerous

Folding Team
NVM about tripple wides looks like they go up to about 30-32in and is liekly what your already looking at. Would need a stand desgined for 4x24in monitors almost at that point especially with the spacing inbetween.

Is his desk near a wall, or open floor behind it. Staining some boards and mounting it all to the wall instead might bring him close to what he is after without drilling into the desk.

But somehting like this "might" be big enough up to dual 38s designed for ultra wide monitors.

Last edited:

Mr. Friendly

yeh, triple monitor stands are for much smaller displays and have the same issues as a dual for 32". I should have mentioned I looked into that already as well. that VIVO is intriguing...specs say it should work, but there is no dimensional drawing showing it's widest points. I'm emailing them now to ask.

thanks Iz!