What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BIOS beeps

ktown

I have read the sticky relating to BIOS code beeps and am a little confused. Over the past few years I have used the following ASUS MB's: P4P800, P5GDC, P5LD2-VM, P5WD2 and now P5B-Deluxe. All these boards use AMI and every one of these boards have always given 1 beep during post irrespective of what ram and value used. I've always upgrade the ram whenever I bought a new MB...always Corsair Extreme. On the present P5B Deluxe I am using OCZ DDR2 800MHz and this always gives one beep. In fact I've always used the single beep as a good sign especially when I start changing cpu and ram settings. If I don't get a beep or any beeps when OCing, the system generally will not post. ?????

sswilson

Staff member
I stand to be corrected, but I believe the 1 beep they are refering to in the guide is 1 long one followed by no post.

The single short beep you are refering to is normal.

Patriote

Yeah i think sswilson is right. Used to have that kind of beep until i get lazy and start to not plug in the little speaker on the motherboard...lol

Welcome ktown!

G

Yup he's right 1 short beep is normal @ POST.
I think I will edit my bios beep code list to included this.

Latest posts