What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BIOS Flash

AmuseMe

BIOS Flash (EDIT: Is it my RAM?)

My BIOS version (ASUS Rampage Exreme x48) is still on the first version they came out with. I have been having some BSOD errors, quite a few actually, and ASUS said, after telling them my hardware, to update my BIOS. They didnt tell me which one to do, so my question to you guys is...

Will upgrading to the lateset BIOS include everything inbetween? I mean, will BIOS update 1202 include, 1201, 901, etc etc?

EDIT: So I flashed it to 1202. BSOD here, there, evreywhere. (memory_management, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL etc etc). I than did the thing I didnt yet do... Pull out the memory.

I did looked in the manual and found which stick to pull and... not a single BSOD! However, when I opened the little "retention clips" on the stick, it kind of just fell into my hand. Maybe it wasnt in all the way and that was causing errors? But my BIOS recognized it.

What would be the best way to test it out?

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
My BIOS version (ASUS Rampage Exreme x48) is still on the first version they came out with. I have been having some BSOD errors, quite a few actually, and ASUS said, after telling them my hardware, to update my BIOS. They didnt tell me which one to do, so my question to you guys is...

Will upgrading to the lateset BIOS include everything inbetween? I mean, will BIOS update 1202 include, 1201, 901, etc etc?

Normally yes. Bios updates are (99%) always forward, and build off the old code. The only exception to this is when they find a bug with the code implemented in the previous build, and change it.

Get the latest BIOS thats stable (ie: If it was released today/last week, dont use that one)

KaptCrunch

use the ASUS Navigation Wizard to make sure you have correct bios and drivers for your MB ( note see 775 and 1366 versions of Rampage Extreme)

YES current and correct bios update covers all back versions for your MB

don't use the Beta verson for is not global tested an cert released

Silvgearx

the BSOD could be that 9550 E0, best if you flash that bad boy. listen to the others, they know what there doing :thumb:

Good luck :thumb:

enaberif

EDIT: So I flashed it to 1202. BSOD here, there, evreywhere. (memory_management, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL etc etc). I than did the thing I didnt yet do... Pull out the memory.

I did looked in the manual and found which stick to pull and... not a single BSOD! However, when I opened the little "retention clips" on the stick, it kind of just fell into my hand. Maybe it wasnt in all the way and that was causing errors? But my BIOS recognized it.

What would be the best way to test it out?

that BSOD of IRQL_NOT_LESS is 90% of the time memory problems.

Latest posts