What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bios problems.

Dar_ell

Hey everyone, been enjoying my PC for a while so i thought i might do some OC. I tried it out and got to 3.2 fine but when i got to 3.4 it got unstable (this is with stock by the way). After getting the OCZ vendetta 2 ( I HATE PUSHPINS...) installed i thought i could try it again. everything seemed fine, but when i checked cpuz it said it was on stock settings (im using the bios not that weird easy tune thing gigabyte gives you). So i tried easy tune and it worked, its just i wish i could use my bios and not rely on a program. Also since i developed a deep hatred of anything that has to do with push pins, can this back plate work with my HS? NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright LGA775 BOLT-THRU Kit for for Ultra 90/120 & HR-01 Retail Box - BTK-LGA775R In Canada.

ps. should i be worried if my 8400 was clocked 2.8ghz when i bought it? thanks HWC community.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Couple of answers here:

1. you have to learn about your board (the DS3L is a very good board BTW) and how to OC. While running on stock settings, you will hit a stability wall. And changing HSF (to the Vendetta) will not make a difference. You have to use the voltage settings for stability.
2. If CPU is showing stock settings, the oc was unstable and the board booted using default settings.
3. Easytune works since it adjusts the voltages when the FSB is raised.
4. I don't know if the Thermalright back plate will work with the Vendetta.
5. Your CPU was showing a speed of 2.8 because of your BIOS settings, not because it was shipped at 2.8GHz.

Dwayne

Also since i developed a deep hatred of anything that has to do with push pins, can this back plate work with my HS? NCIX.com - Buy Thermalright LGA775 BOLT-THRU Kit for for Ultra 90/120 & HR-01 Retail Box - BTK-LGA775R In Canada.

I used the same kit on my OCZ Vendetta 2, you can see the worklog here on HWC:

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/foru...hrough-kit-installation-ocz-vendetta-2-a.html

I also modded my Antec 900 at the same time, but you can see the pics of the bolt through kit and my comments. Works fine for me!

Latest posts