What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bios reset switch

Cypher^64

A friend saw me jumping the pin to clear the cmos and built me this. Tactile switch on top in open position. Anyone see any issues using this?

Attachments

• 22AA3C14-90CB-4393-AB37-BFE0A8133566.jpeg
    22AA3C14-90CB-4393-AB37-BFE0A8133566.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 6

gingerbee

that is a great idea and I have some of those switch's and I bet I can find a 2 pin connector to build one of theses thanks for the great idea

sswilson

Staff member
My only concern would be that it might be accidentally pressed while the board is powered up. Not sure how that would affect the bios, but it's not something I'd recommend.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
No different than accidentally hitting the CLR CMOS button on the back panel many motherboards have, I would think. If the board is powered up, the CMOS shouldn't reset. It's only when it loses power when you short out the pins and the PSU is off, no?

Shadowmeph

I dont bother with those I would rather just unplug my system pop the cmos battery out then press hold the PC power button or reset pc to drain the juice out of the caps it isn't very often I need to use the actual onboard reset bios I think I have had to 8 times in the 20+ years of using PCs now I just reset it that way I described but even easier to go into the bios setup screen and reset there

Latest posts

Twitter