What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bios Tutorial Video

PerryC

Would definitely be interesting to watch. Biggest issue is that BIOS can vary from motherboard to motherboard, even on boards from the same manufacturer. To top it off the new UEFI bios is different than the old dos type bios--in both the graphical presentation and the features offered.

enaberif

Really isn't anything you need to setup in the bios anymore. There was once a time setting certain things up properly benefited but now its basically assembled and go.

If you want to do stuff in your bios its mostly for tweaking or overclocking.

IXKraKenIX

I was considering overclocking, could hardware canucks make a video on that
so it will auto detect most things, I just need to do things in the bios if i want raid & overclocking etc
what if i was running multiple graphics cards would it detect that
also on a side note, will all the drivers come on the disks or will I have to go to the manufacturers website for the cpu, graphics card & motherboard & sound card & hard drives

supaflyx3

There are plenty of tutorials on youtube, many from NCIX.
I don't think a bios tutorial would be a very good idea because every bios is different, and that could leave a margin for error if someone follows a guide that isn't specifically for their board and screws something up.

supaflyx3

You will ALWAYS want to download the drivers from the manufacturer website, never use the disc unless you need it for raid drivers while installing windows.

headsh0t

I was considering overclocking, could hardware canucks make a video on that
so it will auto detect most things, I just need to do things in the bios if i want raid & overclocking etc
what if i was running multiple graphics cards would it detect that
also on a side note, will all the drivers come on the disks or will I have to go to the manufacturers website for the cpu, graphics card & motherboard & sound card & hard drives

Instead of video requests, you could always ask in the forums. You'd get answers alot faster than waiting for a video, and can ask questions specific to your needs. You also have 3 questions in one sentence. Try to explain what you're looking to accomplish a bit more, but make a thread in one of the other subsections, like here: Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking - Hardware Canucks

:thumb:

martin_metal_88

It would be kind of possible to make those video but since every OC have different setting etc it's not really worth it. There is also a tons of different bios while building a computer is always the same ( mostly ).
Better answer?

Latest posts