What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bitcoin mining, how do I?

The Great Gazoo

Me too, exactly.

Sorry Coach. Your advice helped me move forward on mining from the NCIX forum.

I was wondering what happened to folks that had an external wallet. I had my wallet with them but not much in it since I have been cashing out regularly. I kept thinking the bubble would burst. That didn't happen but of course the hack happened so I wasn't too hard hit. Go figure a Eastern European company maybe was not on the up-and-up or had poor security. :blarg:

Coach

Sorry Coach. Your advice helped me move forward on mining from the NCIX forum.

I was wondering what happened to folks that had an external wallet. I had my wallet with them but not much in it since I have been cashing out regularly. I kept thinking the bubble would burst. That didn't happen but of course the hack happened so I wasn't too hard hit. Go figure a Eastern European company maybe was not on the up-and-up or had poor security. :blarg:

I was paid on a 7 day cycle to my local wallet. Thursday I would have been paid but because of the hack my weeks earnings were stolen. Funny that nicehash still shows my balance...

The Great Gazoo

Funny that nicehash still shows my balance...

I know! Too bad I can't get those funds. :sad: Glad you didn't get burned to bad. I wonder if Mr. Friendly got burned much. I think he was using an external wallet so maybe not too much.

I'm kind of struggling on how to proceed without NiceHash because that is my only knowledge on mining - set it and forget it. Probably wasn't the most efficient way, but it was easy. Now I have to learn about doing it the manual way. I'll have to view some Youtube videos and visit some sites tonight to get the rig up and running again. Hopefully Nicehash gets up and running again, but it seems doubtful. Like a lot of others, I'm thinking some sort of inside job.

coriolis

So far, the easiest method seems to be using Awesome Miner and setting it to one of the pools (zpool, hashrefinery, mining pool hub), let it benchmark, set it and forget it. However I've noticed that these pools are getting hammered by thousands of NH refugees, so their stability hasn't been great. I've also noticed more driver crashes (had to bump OC back), statum connection errors. Also, with these pools, the profits in Awesome Miner is widly varying to the actual hash rates as posted on the pools website, assuming its not down due to the influx of users. It's still very murky, just have to try and see what works.

I've heard of WinMiner, Kryptex, etc. a bunch of 'new' one click miners have started popping up but with faceless companies behind it. Nicehash has been around for years, so at least there was some trust behind it, but now everyones confused. I'm a small time casual miner so like many, I just want something reliable. Profits is nice but convenience is also important.

Coach

I am mining vert coin. I am using something called "one click vert miner". With it I have created my own local node. I like it because I am now confident in my hashrate. I can monitor my node stats, see my local hastrate, see my rejected rate and have stability in mining. Something that pools have not offered me since NH went down. Mining on other nodes I was seeing 25% rejection of my shares :angry2:

The Great Gazoo

Thanks Coach. I'll work on that one click vert miner tonight. I just turned on the heater in my garage so I can comfortably work in there later - it was 3 degrees in there! Great for the OC on the cards though. :) I just watched a video on how to set it up and it seems pretty easy. I'll run my two nVidia cards on that and try to find something for my 7970 to run at the same time. I'm using a H110 Pro BTC+ mobo so can run AMD and nVidia at the same time. I no longer have a video card in my main rig now and just using the integrated graphics in my 4790K. It can't run 4K on my TV, lol. I'm going to just keep mining while the profits are still decent.

Quick dumb question - can a wallet hold different kinds of coins or only one type?

LarkStarr

I am mining vert coin. I am using something called "one click vert miner". With it I have created my own local node. I like it because I am now confident in my hashrate. I can monitor my node stats, see my local hastrate, see my rejected rate and have stability in mining. Something that pools have not offered me since NH went down. Mining on other nodes I was seeing 25% rejection of my shares :angry2:

You're mining yourself? You couldn't have gotten anything though?

upcoast604

Can you post the 1 click vert miner link please, thanks.

Latest posts