What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bitcoin mining, how do I?

AkG

Right now Im out of the shitcoin end of things and just mining crapcoins for BTC on a auto-pool. A customized version of NemosMiner using zerg and blaze pools are netting some fine results with a combo of C11, X17, X16R, X16S, and Neoscrypt.

northernpal

Ok folks as an old (well 50 something) semi unemployed tech head who is a "Windose guy" and used to building PC's / servers.... Is there still money to be made in mining...? And if so what where would you recommend I ummm get my feet wet... ?
Thanks to any and all mine heads who care to share some thoughts !

MARSTG

From what i understand mining right now is more of a speculation : you start to mine a coin, wait for it to hit an exhange and then sell whatever you mined, or you keep it, hoping it would rise in value. Or you can mine with Nicehash. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php#6

Mr. Friendly

there are three ways to mine...

1) profit mining, which using a client like NiceHash does. it mines whatever algo/coin is most profitable at that moment with scheduled payouts in BTC.
2) direct mining, where you mine a coin you're interested in that has value, like Ether.
3) speculation, where you mine specific coins of no value but with potential and move on after you've got a nice base.

there is also trading...both long term and short term like day trading. I want to try day trading, just been to busy to look deeper since I sold my mining rig. I would like to get back into it though! :)

upcoast604

I got out of it as a little guy because the difficulty went up too much and the 3 cards I had were not worth pushing anymore.

I kept a bit of mBTC for later I'm hoping for a big value jump in the next year or so, I want a ryzen 7nm in 2019.

D

Dark Knight

Wouldn't pin my hopes on Cryptocurrency to repeat the rise from 2017- Present in value in the future. Regardless of the coin the proof of stake system is coming and that should eventually root out proof of work mining. I also called this temporary resurgence as being nothing more than a temporary bounce and so far it's been correct.

supaflyx3

So, anyone still mining/investing? With the incoming BTC ETF, a nice bull run should come along. The last few days have been green from the news, alts starting to recover a bit.

Latest posts

Twitter