What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bitfenix taking their sweet time with my RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigFOIG

Picked up a Bitfenix Prodigy on sale a while ago, to hopefully mod and WC in the near future. I knew I didn't have the money to start building in it right away, but the case was on sale, so what the hell why not. The case was left in my closet for a while and I finally decided to open it up just to check it out. Turns out the plastic clips on the Prodigy front panel were broken. Basically the front panel has no way of staying on the front of the case. Also, another little piece of the case was missing. I didn't really care because I knew this kind of stuff is usually easily solved by RMAing with the manufacturer. And it's not like I was going to use the case right away anyway. So I e-mail Bitfenix regarding my problem and they ask for the serial number of the case and pictures for proof. I provided the serial number, both in text and a picture as requested, and some pictures of the broken clips. I even circled the broken parts in red using MS Paint.

First of all, I need to send at LEAST 2 e-mails to them before they even reply. They tell me that the parts are out of stock and will take 5-6 weeks to arrive. It's been over 2 months now and they tell me that it's still out of stock. At this point I'm asking for a new case from them, and honestly that's not unreasonable is it? Considering it's been over 2 months since I've contacted them about my case. I'm willing to ship my case back to them if they want as long as they give me a prepaid return label, but they tell me that they can't do that.

I once told Corsair that my 600T side panel didn't close flush with the rest of the case. Honestly it wasn't even a major problem. They asked me what my address was and that was the end of it. I received my side panel in 2 weeks, and I never even provided proof that I even owned the darn case. I could've been anyone, and I would have gotten a 600T side panel for free.

Why can't Bitfenix be as hassle free as that? :blarg:

norfolk

Picked up a Bitfenix Prodigy on sale a while ago, to hopefully mod and WC in the near future. I knew I didn't have the money to start building in it right away, but the case was on sale, so what the hell why not. The case was left in my closet for a while and I finally decided to open it up just to check it out. Turns out the plastic clips on the Prodigy front panel were broken. Basically the front panel has no way of staying on the front of the case. Also, another little piece of the case was missing. I didn't really care because I knew this kind of stuff is usually easily solved by RMAing with the manufacturer. And it's not like I was going to use the case right away anyway. So I e-mail Bitfenix regarding my problem and they ask for the serial number of the case and pictures for proof. I provided the serial number, both in text and a picture as requested, and some pictures of the broken clips. I even circled the broken parts in red using MS Paint.

First of all, I need to send at LEAST 2 e-mails to them before they even reply. They tell me that the parts are out of stock and will take 5-6 weeks to arrive. It's been over 2 months now and they tell me that it's still out of stock. At this point I'm asking for a new case from them, and honestly that's not unreasonable is it? Considering it's been over 2 months since I've contacted them about my case. I'm willing to ship my case back to them if they want as long as they give me a prepaid return label, but they tell me that they can't do that.

I once told Corsair that my 600T side panel didn't close flush with the rest of the case. Honestly it wasn't even a major problem. They asked me what my address was and that was the end of it. I received my side panel in 2 weeks, and I never even provided proof that I even owned the darn case. I could've been anyone, and I would have gotten a 600T side panel for free.

Why can't Bitfenix be as hassle free as that? :blarg:
I feel your pain man, I had a ADATA SSD die on me exactly one month after purchase and I was told the average turn around is 8 weeks.:censored:Not including the 2 weeks it took to get it there.

1V4NCIBL3

where did you buy the case from? was it past the point of exchange that you had to seek RMA directly with the vendor?

I have owned both the Colossus, the Raider and currently 2x Prodigy (and built 3x Prodigy for friends, and family) with no issues whatsover

they will fix it right for you, they are good (fast) growing company with some great products -- much better than Cooler Master/Antec/Thermaltake... IMHO

bigFOIG

Yeah I know they're a fast growing company. And yeah I left it untouched for way past the 30 day NCIX warranty because I didn't plan on building in it just yet. Still not going to build in it yet because I'm still short on money, but I thought I'd open up the box. I don't know, I just think that if things are taking over 2 months with still no progress, then they should just send me a new case. It's not like things are solved after 2 months; they are apparently STILL out of stock. Heck, why not rip the parts I need out of one of their existing cases and ship that to me?

xbournex

IIRC, the missing piece is the top panel mesh? That is on the way from China. As sweet time it may seem for everyone else, it's as fast as its coming for us, and its as painfully eye-soring to see a RMA take this long for me.
The front panel we have in stock, so if you want, I can ship you the front panel replacement first, and then the top panel. Right now, we're awaiting for the missing piece. Keep in mind, this missing piece is not a typical RMA part.

Corsair has been around since 1994. If they haven't established a RMA center for North America, i'd eat my shoe. We're in our 3rd year. For 2013, we've started with an increase in shipments, and that means shorter turnaround for RMA's that require cross continent shipments.

Send me a PM, and I'll get you an update. Ripping another case open would be my ideal RMA procedure for less than 2 day turn around, except I would need to book a flight down to our warehouse and get access to our service center.

JJThomp

Honestly I try and build as many rigs as I can with Bitfenix cases just because of you xbournex. Well they are also good products at a good price that look really nice too but that is just icing on the cake.

bigFOIG

Would it be unreasonable to ask for a free window side panel that they released last week? :biggrin: Heh... heh.. heh... They still don't have stock of my RMA parts yet. :(

xbournex

Send me a PM, and I'll get one out for you once the parts arrive. There was one delay of our containers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts