What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bitfenix taking their sweet time with my RMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soullessone21

Yeah I too love my Shin XL....but whoever 'designed' the front fasica needs to go back to school and (re)learn basic engineering. Who thought it would be a GOOD IDEA to sandwhich a low static pressure fan between a large drive cage on one side and a near wall of plastic on the other? The stock fan just cant suck in enough air via the little strips running along the side. Even the pro (which I love! awesome fans) barely cuts it.

Same with the HDD caddies. They so dont belong on a case as $$ as the XL! IMHO its more a B or B- than a B+.

Agreed there, I was going to mod that exact area but my movers lost my friggen tools :angry2:

bigFOIG

Yeah, I don't think anyone doubts that bitfenix has soooo much potential to be one of the best. Just got a few things that they need to straighten out and they'll be golden.

great_big_abyss

I bought a white Shinobi window for my son, and while there are some nice, innovative ideas (the colour and that awesome soft-touch finish) that set the case apart from its peers, there are a few things to be desired, such as the drive cage orientation, and overall interior build quality (it feels a little flimsy).

bigFOIG

November 6, 2012 is the date that I e-mailed Bitfenix about my case. Today is friggin February 17, 2013. 3 months and 11 days and still nothing? Come on... I actually can't believe it. I know you say it's a rare RMA item from China and stuff, but there are other solutions to this.

1. Take the part from an existing prodigy case and ship that to me.
2. Send me a new case.

bigFOIG

I'm not one to complain very often, so I do feel like an asshole for doing this. But then again, I look at my calendar and see how long it's been... I seriously have to do something about this.

turtletrax

Banned
As much as I love to fiddle with new stuff and try new brands, these are the reasons I stick tried and true. Cases for me are ALWAYS Silverstone or Corsair. Silverstone I have never had a single moments issues with and Corsair never even asked for pics, just shipped my goods off. Also were giving away the SATA 6Gbps and USB 3.0 adaptors for the 800D.

RMA's suck enough without them turning into marathons.

Soullessone21

Pm me bigf I will go grab my prodigy out of storage and send u the parts u need. This is unacceptable for any company big or small whenever they finally ship u what u need send me my old parts back or just keep them as the prodigy is not a case for me.

bigFOIG

Haha thanks for the offer soul, but we don't need to do that! :haha: I'll just wait it out and see what happens. Technically the case is still usable.

Soultribunal

Staff member
That is just insane on how long it has taken to get support.
Sorry to hear you have had to go through this.

Last time I saw such long RMA Waits, was with Diamond and Sapphire back in the day.

-ST

Soullessone21

Haha thanks for the offer soul, but we don't need to do that! :haha: I'll just wait it out and see what happens. Technically the case is still usable.

Just take the parts :p I have zero use for this case, I dont trust my gear in a case my kids knocked over like ten times when I was first going to use it.

Anyways the parts you need from the case I was going to remove anyways and make custom feet and front top and sides :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts