What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Black dots in BF2 with 4870 X2

Sniper

Was freezing upon load of game but i got that sorted out it's just to get rid of these stupid dots now. They flash as you move to if that helps anyone? lol I'm running XP to.

tzetsin

Looks like you got a bad case of Prairie dogs... i know a guy with a .22, last i heard he'll clean em up at about .25 cents per tail.... wont fill in the holes though, thats up to you. Just keep the livestock away from there till you fill em in, dont want em to step in the hole an break a leg.

EDIT: Had the guy look at the pic, he said from the size of the trees, those are some damn big gophers. He'll have to bring the 30 odd, so it'll be more like a buck an a half per... an you'll have to take care of the carcasses.

tzetsin

Try and uninstall ad e-install the drivers, tzetsin your comments amount to crap, I KNOW you have better.
what... dont you guys have gophers in australia? thats exactly what it looks like :bleh:

Try reinstalling the game, almost looks its missing a texture.

If all your games have issues, or re installing the game doesnt work, or reinstalling the game is too much of a pain in the :censored: reinstall drivers with the latest one off of the amd/ati website.

matsta31

I found the joke good,

But, if I had bought a 4870X2 and having these issues, I would be pissed and not really ready for humor.....

Did you use a nvidia card before ? If so, make sure you cleaned the drivers I had similar issues when I switched form card company.

Sniper

Nah i'm not pissed or anything lol. Funny Gophers though. Go all Caddy Shack on there asses haha.

But yeah I have the new 8.9s & then tried the new Beta drivers to. I did use Nvidia before & wasn't sure what exactly to clean when concerning them. I uninstalled the vid drivers of course but maybe that didn't get them all? not sure. I have driver cleaner though if someone can tell me exactly what I should be cleaning as the list is quite big in the options menu right & doesn't specify Nvidia drivers lol.

I currently have this card OCd to GPU 777MHz Memory 950MHz @ 75% fan speed idle temp is 32 degrees Celcius & can of course take it higher but for now till I get this sorted out is fine. I've always had these dots also since stock clocks.

tzetsin

download and install driversweeper, then reboot into safemode, run driversweeper, remove anything that has to do with Nvidia g card, meby get rid of the ati driver while your at it, reboot to windows, reistall ati driver. But first, did you have this problem before you overclocked? have you tried running it stock again?

Sniper

download and install driversweeper, then reboot into safemode, run driversweeper, remove anything that has to do with Nvidia g card, meby get rid of the ati driver while your at it, reboot to windows, reistall ati driver. But first, did you have this problem before you overclocked? have you tried running it stock again?

Nah i'm not pissed or anything lol. Funny Gophers though. Go all Caddy Shack on there asses haha.

But yeah I have the new 8.9s & then tried the new Beta drivers to. I did use Nvidia before & wasn't sure what exactly to clean when concerning them. I uninstalled the vid drivers of course but maybe that didn't get them all? not sure. I have driver cleaner though if someone can tell me exactly what I should be cleaning as the list is quite big in the options menu right & doesn't specify Nvidia drivers lol.

I currently have this card OCd to GPU 777MHz Memory 950MHz @ 75% fan speed idle temp is 32 degrees Celcius & can of course take it higher but for now till I get this sorted out is fine. I've always had these dots also since stock clocks.
As I stated I have driver cleaner PE already & Yes I have had these since stock clocks as I've said.

I use Nvidia drivers for ethernet ect to right but seemed to have cleaned all the vid drivers out already.

ok tried Driversweeper & whatnot still getting them. I could try a reinstal of BF2 but I doubt that's the reason. worth a try I guess what lool.

Last edited:

Boldeagle

what... dont you guys have gophers in australia? thats exactly what it looks like :bleh:

Try reinstalling the game, almost looks its missing a texture.

If all your games have issues, or re installing the game doesnt work, or reinstalling the game is too much of a pain in the :censored: reinstall drivers with the latest one off of the amd/ati website.
ROFL we have wombats 25-30Kg, gophers are just like "mice"....phhh, rofl. Joke okay I have seen 2-3 wombats in my life (in the wild that is, zoo does not count!!), but they are at least 20-30Kg and rather docile herbivores. While I'm at it we don't have Kangaroos bouncing down the main street, but I know where to see them and wallabies within 10-15min drive of my house but ONLY because I live near 200-300 acres of bush. They are disappearing quickly.

Sorry for OT.

Last edited:

Sniper

New problem.

Once I leave the comp running not touched for however long without a screen saver running the screen freezes. Something I've never experienced before this new card either.

Latest posts

Twitter