What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deal Thread?

Optix

I've seen this done on other forums where members would post links to killer Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals to help out others who are looking to save some cash.

I guess my question is whether or not HWC plans on doing something similar, or if we're free to do it ourselves and if so, where would be the best place? Maybe a single new thread in the Price Check section? Since it's such a short period of time and the fact that most sales won't last the week it's not as if the thread even needs to hang around. Lock it, delete it, let it fade into obscurity.

There's so many online retailers in addition to brick and mortar stores that allow shopping online that it can be a bit daunting to try and find the best deals, but if you're a cheapskate like me, this is your prime shopping time.

sswilson

Staff member
We do have a "Hot Deals" thread for every day use, but feel free to create a black friday 2014 thread over in off topic and one of the mods will be happy to sticky it for the duration.

Ravenor

I hope this isn't breaking any rules but Redflagdeals.com already has a collection of BlackFriday/Cyber Monday deals already posted up for Canadian retailers.

Nodscene

True, but there is usually so much crap that's no a good deal that it's helpful to have one where people post the best of the best.

sswilson

Staff member
I hope this isn't breaking any rules but Redflagdeals.com already has a collection of BlackFriday/Cyber Monday deals already posted up for Canadian retailers.

Typically, the only time we have issues with links to other websites are when they're self promoting, are bringing a fight over from their forums to ours, or are infringing on something we're under NDA for.

That's not a complete list, but it's not very often we'll delete a link posted by a regular member (as opposed to a one timer).

Bond007

I would still prefer a thread here that is more consice and containing mostly computer related deals.

Latest posts