What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Black Mesa Source

TwystedMonkey

I don't know how many people will think this is as cool as I do. But from what I seen its hard to beleive this is just a mod... I honestly thought this was a valve remake because it looks freaking amazing to me. I enjoyed Half Life 2 but Half Life is still an top game of all time to me. And to see the modding community put something of this level together, wow. Now if they made some allusions to Portal some how......

Gametrailers.com - Black Mesa Source - Official Trailer HD

Chilly

AMAZING video, been waiting for this game for years. I seriously can't wait, seems like it gets the originals feel just right. Frankly it look like something coming right out of valve themselves! :shok:

Can't wait. :clap:

Thund3rball

Ya this has been in dev WAY too long. I can't wait either. It looks awesome! I have a friend who has never played HL1. He said now he's going to wait and just play this mod. I told him that's against the rules, you have to play the original to play BMS and fully appreciate what these guys are doing. Some poeple eh, sheesh.

:doh:

encorp

If it actually releases in 2009 I will crap myself, been waiting years for this!

sswilson

Staff member
Ya this has been in dev WAY too long. I can't wait either. It looks awesome! I have a friend who has never played HL1. He said now he's going to wait and just play this mod. I told him that's against the rules, you have to play the original to play BMS and fully appreciate what these guys are doing. Some poeple eh, sheesh.

:doh:

I'm in the same boat as your friend. I picked up HL1 just because of the steam sale last month........ Should I wait??? :)

Thund3rball

^^ Blasphemy!

The Gman shall strike you down if you choose to wait. You must know like the back of your hand what Unforeseen Circumstances can lead to... Xen. :p

Chilly

I'm in the same boat as your friend. I picked up HL1 just because of the steam sale last month........ Should I wait??? :)

BM:S won't be out till 2009, late 2009 most likely. Play the original, then play BM:S as well when it comes out. :thumb:

You won't regret it.

sswilson

Staff member
Ok, just a slightly off topic question.... :)

Are there any "must have" mods I should install on the original before I play it?

muse108dc

sweet, I loved HL1 and this looks amazing. I will have to keep an eye on it.

This is the reason why pc gaming will never die, mods and other community driven things are pure pc and always will be.

Latest posts