What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Blackberry Playbook

FlyingFish

Well its out now in Canada and I just picked up mine. Seems pretty good so far, it synchronizes seamlessly with blackberry for email and contacts which is great if you have a blackberry, crap if you don't since there's no built in email application.

Anyone else thought of picking one up? Or have a slight interest in it?

Hey it's designed in :canadianwave:

...made in Taiwan.:ph34r:

MrDiaz

No built in email application? What do you mean? Like you can't access your gmail/yahoo/hotmail through the Playbook?? That can't be right

Eldonko

Would only go with an android based tablet (honeycomb) personally because of an android phone but I have a netbook so dont see a need to spend the $$. Kind of like EEE pad transformer or Galaxy Tab 10.1.

FlyingFish

No built in email application? What do you mean? Like you can't access your gmail/yahoo/hotmail through the Playbook?? That can't be right

They've got it set up so unless you have a blackberry the only way to access your mail is via the webmail. It's a wifi only tablet so I don't see it as a big deal since I carry my blackberry around with my all the time anyways. For some people though this has been a killer issue.

LarkStarr

Nope, no thanks, thing is balls. They didn't capitalize on Apple's mistakes. Fail.

Next contender please!

Andy

I wish I was in Canada to compare it to the Eee Pad Transformer I have here ... but ... I have a feeling the playbook is not as nice as the Asus pad.

yamawho

I wish I was in Canada to compare it to the Eee Pad Transformer I have here ... but ... I have a feeling the playbook is not as nice as the Asus pad.

I saw the Asus EEE Pad at BB and it looks nice with a big screen running win 7 BUT it's 999$ ... too much.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I had a chance to play with it last night and my first thought was that current tablet contenders are basically letting Apple walk away with the lead. The Paybook had some great potential but in the 30 minutes I used it, it crashed once, displayed a horribly clunky UI and tried syncing with my BlackBerry....only to fail which basically left it without a viable email client. I mean come on; why even release something as half baked as this!?

aristhrottle

I really was hoping the Playbook would be good to create some competition in the tablet market, however it was pretty lackluster from my first impressions. It took around 4 seconds to launch the calculator app! E-mail implementation is stupid - why can't I get my e-mails and contacts off an Exchange server without having a Blackberry? Swiping around in the menu felt smooth until the thing locked up, which was another 40 seconds to restart the thing. Overall I am not impressed. I will continue playing with it and hopefully it will surprise me.

Latest posts