What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Blank Screen

Wicked15

Windows 10-
Will boot to log-on screen but once you enter the PW you just get a black screen with a cursor. If you ctrl+alt+del you can get the regular options to come up(lock, switch user, task manager) and of course locking/switching users just results in the same scenario.
If you click Task manager - it takes about 2 minutes to show the task manager box but doesn't display any text or information, just immediately shows "not responding"

I can access all the files via file explorer if I use it as a secondary drive.
I tried booting in Safemode and the results are the same(black screen)
I tried using the start-up repair options to "fix issues stopping windows from booting" or whatever no luck
I tried to use the start-up repair options to re-install windows by copying just my files- after about 30 mins it just says it was unable to fix or whatever and no changes were made.
I tried the start-up repair to do a full re-install with deleting all files and the same error message came up.

Any suggestions?
(If this should be in Troubleshooting mods please move - just remember as I hit submit thread)

Wicked15

Going to chalk it up as a failing HDD.
After trying to install windows again I would get a blue recovery screen after the Windows 10 splash screen that would say
""An unexpected I/O error has occurred
Error Code 0x00000e9
This problem can happen when a removable storage device is removed while it is in use or is failing. Properly connecting any removable storage and restarting your PC may fix the problem""

Since I haven't unplugged it while it's turned on or anything like that and it was getting to the windows log-on screen before the re-install that 1/2 of the statement is out of the equation.

I also thought that maybe the IOS file was corrupt so I downloaded a fresh one, still same issue. Thought maybe it was the USB, so I installed 3 different IOS files on 3 different USB's and used them all in different USB ports on my computer and all still failed giving the same error message(was a long night last night:blarg:)

Going to order another HDD which sucks because this is the 2nd HDD that has failed in this persons system in 3.5 years.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter