What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Blank Screen

Wicked15

Windows 10-
Will boot to log-on screen but once you enter the PW you just get a black screen with a cursor. If you ctrl+alt+del you can get the regular options to come up(lock, switch user, task manager) and of course locking/switching users just results in the same scenario.
If you click Task manager - it takes about 2 minutes to show the task manager box but doesn't display any text or information, just immediately shows "not responding"

I can access all the files via file explorer if I use it as a secondary drive.
I tried booting in Safemode and the results are the same(black screen)
I tried using the start-up repair options to "fix issues stopping windows from booting" or whatever no luck
I tried to use the start-up repair options to re-install windows by copying just my files- after about 30 mins it just says it was unable to fix or whatever and no changes were made.
I tried the start-up repair to do a full re-install with deleting all files and the same error message came up.

Any suggestions?
(If this should be in Troubleshooting mods please move - just remember as I hit submit thread)

Wicked15

Going to chalk it up as a failing HDD.
After trying to install windows again I would get a blue recovery screen after the Windows 10 splash screen that would say
""An unexpected I/O error has occurred
Error Code 0x00000e9
This problem can happen when a removable storage device is removed while it is in use or is failing. Properly connecting any removable storage and restarting your PC may fix the problem""

Since I haven't unplugged it while it's turned on or anything like that and it was getting to the windows log-on screen before the re-install that 1/2 of the statement is out of the equation.

I also thought that maybe the IOS file was corrupt so I downloaded a fresh one, still same issue. Thought maybe it was the USB, so I installed 3 different IOS files on 3 different USB's and used them all in different USB ports on my computer and all still failed giving the same error message(was a long night last night:blarg:)

Going to order another HDD which sucks because this is the 2nd HDD that has failed in this persons system in 3.5 years.

Latest posts