What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Blender 2.8 with RTX Ray Tracing

sherwind2010

Random question, why donuts?

Are you getting hungry? .... No I'm kidding, it is a easy place to start using blender I guess. You can do this too, just go to the Blender Guru YouTube Channel.

PS: Next is the Coffee cup ☕🍩

Last edited:

sherwind2010

Nice job, first 3d model? Did you make your own bump map, reflection shaders on your own, or that was provided by the tutorial?
Are the sprinkles modeled then spread out using a scatter modifier or are they a displacement map?

Add some volumetric refraction to the glazed donut to alow some light to pass through the thinner areas.

The first one is done with help with the tutorial. I just made the sprinkles different colors, everything else was done about the same as the tutorial. About the glazed donut. I just adjusted the shaders, I didn't add or remove anything. The glaze, are you talking about adding a new shader like principled volume?

sherwind2010

So you looking for extra Glaze?
Yeah, you just need to adjust the settings on the glaze shader.
Im not sure about blender terminology, but in 3ds max (but not all renderers) you can add volume to refraction so that thicker areas of the model look more opaque while thin areas have more transparency.

Actually, On second glance it looks like you already have that going on.
If you make a cube and only apply the glazing shader to it, do the edges appear more transparent that the middle?
Like this glass of milk rendered in fstorm, the edges appear more transparent than the thicker center.
View attachment 27758

Ahh, here, just puled this up from google. Its exactly what I was trying to get at lol

Maybe when I start doing the coffee cup tutorial, I could maybe make things look more real.

sherwind2010

You like more glaze?

90ud1Ne.jpg

sswilson

Staff member
That is seriously impressive. My hat's off to you sir, I don't have the kind of patience it takes to do this kind of stuff.... :)

Latest posts