What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bluetooth webcams...do they exist?

Mr. Friendly

I've never heard of such a thing...so it would be convenient in many cases, but I'd guess Bluetooth's bandwidth isn't wide enough to support video streams.

Google gives all sorts of results and lists for "Best Bluetooth Webcam', but when you open them all up, they're only the usual USB connected models.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Bluetooth 5.1 max bandwidth is Approx 3Mbps I'm reading. With overhead sucking up almost 1/3rd of the bandwidth...So in practice you're probably only getting 200-250KB/s?

JD

Staff member
I would think a WiFi "security" camera with RTSP support and some software on your PC could make it act like a webcam.

Shadowmeph

a little off topic IO still dont fully understand the difference between Bluetooth and wireless USB is it security? its kind of funny in my building if I search for Bluetooth devices there are around 10-15 we do have homes close by but that is allot of hackable devices I would think l a USB wireless device might be more secure because it isnt advertising its out there on wifi

Latest posts

Twitter