What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BOINC - Rosetta @ Home New Thread

cwestwell

Yes I will be putting BOINC back on as many PC's as I can. I am impressed actually how the RAC has stayed up even though I have removed several PC's I mean its around 10K less but that is less of a drop then I expected.

I am going to try and really nail it down this time and have it built into the image with no sign of it ever being installed...I want it to run on as many PC's as possible without drawing to much attention from outsiders..

Jon_di2

I was trying to get to the top of F@H for our team in regards to PPD, but I tryed installing the smp client again yesterday and it didn't work... I tried to go back to the regular client and it was being a :censored:.

So I gave up on that idea, and back to BOINCing! Hopefully the others who give up on the F@H cpu clients will come over too!

Scratch

I have always found the FaH SMP program an incredible pain which is why I started up the BOINC team.
The FaH GPU client is better but you have to dl the cudat.dll with the console client separately when running Vista as the other clients won't work without it
I used to run th4e GPU FaH client and BOINC client together but the GPU client started screwing up and now I know why, so am back to running both

cwestwell

if it was not for forum rules that machine requires a serious amount of profanity to admire.....damn

matsta31

I Crnch while gaming.... rosetta is an amazing peice of software that shrink the cpu need when in use