What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BOINC w/ Rosetta, i7 flavor

matsta31

Theere will be another I7 crunching soon, altough, it will be on stock cooling for while, so no oc. :censored: NCIX sale.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
30 hours after the last update, the i7 RAC stands at 1002. Still crunching at 4.0Ghz on Air, temps are mid 60s.

I think I'll ditch that TRUE and go for a Freezone Elite...

sswilson

Staff member
Heh... didn't take long for you to decide to drop it under something other than air..... :)

Great #s though, and still climbing.

matsta31

I guess the only thing is ease of use and internal setup ?

This is the only thing I could see.

zlojack

I've just seen some less than favourable results with that cooler over at XS.

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
I'm interested because of the simplicity and a complete solution. I've done water time and time again, and I would need to buy a complete system (almost - I still have the Stinger).

I've already contacted CoolIt about a LGA1366 adaptor, and I'll surely read that thread of yours Jack.

Air is fine, doing 4.0 under load is quite amazing - imagine doing that using a Q6600. Now, I feel there is much more potential in that chip, with proper cooling.

zlojack

The post I sent is a guy who basically got the same load temps with a TRUE as with the Freezone.

For north of $400, it seems out of whack. Apparently a good water solution spanks the Elite.

Again, this is what I've read, not personal experience, so take it for what it's worth.

EDIT:

Here's another thread from a fellow Canuck Coolit IT Freezone Elite Results - Page 2 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Latest posts

Twitter