What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

book to learn simple routing

botat29

I'm looking for a book to learn simple routing, like to route only 2 network. Someone know a good one ?

Keywork

Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 by Jeff Doyle. It's a Cisco book, but it is incredible. BUT, I do have a feeling it may be a little advanced. What do you consider "simple" routing?

bissa

damn, been a while since the last time I saw one of those.
as to the OP, getting the CCNA or network+ books would probably give you a decent idea of how it works.

BlueByte

Hands on is always nice, get a vm/old pc going with something like vyatta. All these books coupled with a decent free practical setup should get you going.

JD

Staff member
Hands on is always nice, get a vm/old pc going with something like vyatta. All these books coupled with a decent free practical setup should get you going.
I think something like GNS3 or PacketTracer would be better for practicing networking/routing. Although of course those are both geared towards Cisco IOS.

I've played with some HP and 3com switches as well and their command set is pretty similar to Cisco. So I think any CCNA course/book would be a good starting point.