What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Boot error, need help.

BootlegUsher

Last night I turned on my computer and was greeted to this message (see attachment).

I didn't make any hardware or software changes. The only thing I can think of is I installed Windows on a new SSD a number of months ago but it didn't work right so I RMA'ed it and went back to using the old drive.

I have a full retail version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Any advice on how to fix this? I tried putting the boot CD I'm and clicked the repair option but it didn't do anything.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• 20160414_154900.jpg
    20160414_154900.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 98
  • error-1.jpg
    error-1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

ZZLEE

Cant see attachment but run though your drivers Windows has been playing fast and loose with driver updates recently.

BootlegUsher

Sorry it took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to attach the photo using a phone instead of my computer. Could you please elaborate on how to run through my drivers? Do I do that using the boot CD?

clshades

You should be able to choose your boot device via bios or throught the load menu. If you have a really old mobo the option wont be there.

KaptCrunch

The system found unauthorized change on the firmware, operating system or UEFI drivers

Press[N] to run the next boot device,or enter directly to BIOS Setup if there are no other boot device installed.

Go to BIOS Setup > Adance > Boot and change the current boot device into other secured boot device

sounds the boot drive not there or unformatted or another OS then one trying to install

what OS trying to install w10? if get all your motherboard drivers on a usb stick and win 10 iso installer

(read "Perform a clean installation using a USB or DVD")

and a formatted drive to install

follow screen

Last edited:

KaptCrunch

possible but something changed MBR for bios to halt boot

IMHO stick with win 7 for third party stuff may work or not

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Looks like it may be an issue with UEFI Secure Boot. It's possible you picked up a virus.

Latest posts