What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Booting problems on a 5 months old computer

3 of 7

I had a wierd thing happen on my DS3R, we had a brownout where the power just basically flickered. The computer rebooted and I remember thinking that was odd because it was set to remain off after a power failure.
Later that day Crysis Warhammer was really laggy so I got looking around and my CPU and ram were both underclocked! My 6750 was running at 2.0g and the ram was at 677 instead of 800.
I ran memtest and all 4 sticks failed individually, as did a stick from my test rig..... All the sticks tested ok in the other computer.
I figured the mobo was borked, but decided to flash the bios anyways, and that was the problem.... It's working sweetly since then.

foxman

Damn guys, you want me to make nightmares ?

Do you know if Gigabyte have a good RMA system in Canada/North America at least ? Never had to RMA anything.

foxman

An happy ending.

I bought a new set of memory modules and my computer restarted working correctly! I hate you, Crucial Ballistix! I hope those Kingston sticks will last longer.

Latest posts

Twitter