What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Borderlands

Jack Rabbit

Oooooh cool. Just found a semi-interesting pistol. Its called "The Dove". Not the greatest stats - 50-something dmg. But the quote made me interested "Sometimes I forget to reload". I tried it out... it doesnt use bullets! Woohoo! :biggrin:

Awww crud! I got that and immediately vendored it. Maybe this will teach me to try all the named weapons. :doh:

Jackquelegs

There are a few weapons that will make the game 100X easier once you get it. Be on the lookout for them :thumb:

Skyllz

There are a few weapons that will make the game 100X easier once you get it. Be on the lookout for them :thumb:

Kinda like this SMG I picked up a while back. Level 28-29, I'm level 40 and I still use it.

+-80 damage
about 90 accuracy
16 I think of firing rate.

Unloading a clip with metal storm +5 and a heavy gunner class mod is just pure fun. I tear through everything I come across in record time. It made the final boss a piece of cake.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Kinda like this SMG I picked up a while back. Level 28-29, I'm level 40 and I still use it.

+-80 damage
about 90 accuracy
16 I think of firing rate.

Unloading a clip with metal storm +5 and a heavy gunner class mod is just pure fun. I tear through everything I come across in record time. It made the final boss a piece of cake.

Totally agreed there. I'm still using a Level 22 SMG thats fast and decently accurate when zoomed in. And since its damaged levels up when my character does, my level 32 hunter is still using it and ripping most things to shreds. A clip of 48 bullets that deal 60-70 dmg regular or 4x-5x that for crits (which are insanely easy with that gun, just aim for the head) makes most enemies from close to medium range easy pickings.

Different question: Has anyone found a decent long-range sniper rifle yet? I know it sounds silly, but the best rifle I can find at my current level is only like 1.6x or 1.8x Zoom. Seriously?!?! Its a freakin sniper rifle, shouldnt they all be like 3x zoom or more? Bleh...

Skyllz

Totally agreed there. I'm still using a Level 22 SMG thats fast and decently accurate when zoomed in. And since its damaged levels up when my character does, my level 32 hunter is still using it and ripping most things to shreds. A clip of 48 bullets that deal 60-70 dmg regular or 4x-5x that for crits (which are insanely easy with that gun, just aim for the head) makes most enemies from close to medium range easy pickings.

I'm giggling inside at the day i'll find an elemental replacement for it... I dont care if it'll be shock/fire/bio... those lil numbers bouncing around are going to be off the scale!!!!

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I'm giggling inside at the day i'll find an elemental replacement for it... I dont care if it'll be shock/fire/bio... those lil numbers bouncing around are going to be off the scale!!!!

Agreed again! Hilarious when you just a sprays of multi-colored damage numbers flying off an enemys face :biggrin:

CanadaRox

Ya I'm still using a level 17 sniper at level 31. It may only have a 1.0x zoom, but I've got a ton of experience playing sniper in games, so that is plenty for me. What makes this gun so sweet is the 98.1 accuracy! I wish it had the tall rectangle scope with the green dot though, that one is sweet. The size of the dot shows you how large the spread is, so you can get the entire dot on someone's head and you know they are going to be hurting soon. I actually even used the Elephant Hunting Rifle you get after killing Skagzilla for a while even though it had no scope, only 1.0x + iron sights, just because of its high damage and 98.3 accuracy.

Thund3rball

I'm playing as a Siren but found an amazing sniper rifle when I was at about level 15 on my way to kill Sledge (I'm at lvl 19 now). The stats are something like:

Liquid Wrath
124 DMG
98% AC
2 FR
9 Clip Size
+3 Explosive Rounds

These stats with my Elemental skillz and Critical Hit Damage all boosted up = Sniper Lilith unstoppable! Sit back and watch the heads explode, Muah ha ha ha... Best of both worlds for me since I actually started my first game as a Sniper but decided to stay with the Siren I started on my laptop later on.

I also got an Incendiary Artifact which means in addition to shocking enemies when I enter/exit phasewalk (one boosted skill I have) I now also ignite them. Ya... I'm badass. :)

Last edited:

Perineum

Would be nice if you could modify existing guns a bit, different scopes, enhanced fire rate, zooms, etc.

steers

Bah, you guys and your sniper rifles. For me, it's close combat or no combat. Berserker ftw.

I must say, any class where your punches make things explode is the class for me. Plus, the maniacal laughter Brick lets out when he's in berserk mode makes me crack up every time.

Everyone run in fear, for Chunk McNugget is here! :rofl: