What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bottleneck accessing media server

hedgehog885

Update...

I installed more RAM (2GB to 4GB) as I noticed the memory usage was almost at max, even when idling. Server runs smoother, however didn't help with the network bottleneck. :sad:

MARSTG

After reformat I installed and now running Server 2012 using the Disk Spaces feature. Unfortunately the issue remains.
Why don't you just run Win7? I have a media server as well, just a PC with 2 HDDs and win7, for more than 3 years now and never had an issue, both HDDs are running very well, they are in AHCI mode due to the OS drive being a SSD. I recently upgraded the RAM to 6 GB but it was running just fine with 4 GB as well. Mobo is Intel with Q45 chipset.

Shadowarez

Iv found my issue on my htpc 2-3 of hdds used for storage had too many bad sectors. I used Wd lifeguard tools to determine which ones had issues moved them out put new ones in. I was also using storage pools on server never again I'll stick to leave g them as is. Do some google searches you'll see storage spaces built into windows is very slow overall.

hedgehog885

I believe I may have found the problem that have been causing me network transfer performance issues for a few months. I never thought of it until after flashing my router a feature revealed the link-state would be the culprit. Looks like the server's motherboard NIC transmission data mode is at 10 Full Duplex, which sounds to be transferring data at 10mbps. My desktop is at 1000 Full Duplex, which leads me to believe its the cause behind my transfer rate being slow from server to desktop.

Now, before all this issue ever happened I never configured anything that will modify the duplex mode. I researched on how to force the duplex mode to change but it doesn't seem to be making an impact on the transfer rate, plus the status remains at 10mbps, as shown in screenshot. I also checked the bios for any selection related to LAN but it isn't helping. Lastly, cable swapping isn't helping either. I hope this isn't hardware related.

- What would have caused this?
- Is there another way to force the duplex mode to change?

Thank you in advance.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter