What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Bought the Davinci

clshades

After watching many video reviews and reading I finally settled on Davinci for a number of reasons. Better hardware support being one of the main reasons.

This is a good review if anyone is looking into the same thing.

The pain in the ass of purchasing the software is they actually mail the license rather than offer it online and you can't buy it directly through blackmagic. There is one place that will sell the license through email but it costs 150 dollars more and they have to be open which can take 3 hours or more.

manuelslv710

After watching many video reviews and reading I finally settled on Davinci for a number of reasons. Better hardware support being one of the main reasons.

This is a good review if anyone is looking into the same thing.

The pain in the ass of purchasing the software is they actually mail the license rather than offer it online and you can't buy it directly through blackmagic. There is one place that will sell the license through email but it costs 150 dollars more and they have to be open which can take 3 hours or more.
Could be worse for you...if you were me...none of my video software, free or purchased recognises my camera anymore. I had a new machine built and FireWire card added and Legacy driver loaded and no go....in 2006 my HDV cam cost me $4k...to do special event video.
I was doing SD on a Pent.4 1.5g with XPos just fine but hoping to upgrade my rig to HDVD.
I could use suggestions.
I've got tonnes of home videos saved for this day and nothing works.