What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Brand to buy for POWERBANKS USB.

justmehereajax

I have been lucky so far. I purchased powerbanks from Amazon: Aukey and they have been great (3x 20,000 mah), one from Walmart Blackweb (20,000 mah) and BestBuy Insignia brand 18,000 mah.

I tend to buy the more pricey ones because one PrimeCables one died after 2-3 charges. But it was $10.

One Aukey power bank finally died. My sister destroyed the connection for charging and one USB port died. It had odd positioning of the micro B charge port, on the side. Now She took my BB Insignia. I am gonna salvage the battery from it to put in another Aukey when the batteries goes.

Just wondering what brands or sources you guys get?

ME is offering a 10,000 mah ADATA one for $10 which is so cheap. I am considering buying 2 of them. and getting other ME goods. I haven’t bought from ME in 5 years. I used to PM all the time and loved their flat rate $6 shipping back then.

Sagath

Staff member
Anker. I own 3 of various sizes, for back country use while ski touring or hiking. They have been super reliable for me. I also have their portable USB 24w solar charger, which is AMAZING.

IMHO I have no good expieriences with ADATA and have heard nothing good. I wouldn't touch their products ever.

Izerous

Dewallt battery with USB adapter... 5Ah battery @20V works out to 100Wh, thats ~double a 10,000mah battery pack @5V is 50Wh.

AkG

All the battery banks are about the same. They use no name 18650 batterys with cheap controllers. They work or they don't. There really is no 'good ones'. They are all mediocre.

That 10K is probably going to be more like 8K. Its prolly a 4x18650 design (or worse a 3x18650). Typical 18650s are 2 - 2,5K each (no one is using sammy 30Qs or Sony VTC6s).
This is for ALL battery banks that you buy. The only good ones are the ones you make yourself and know the quality of the 18650s inside. I personally use my 18650 charger when I need a bat bank... as it has a USB port for reverse flow.
So if its a good deal. Buy it and expect to chuck it in a year if you use it often.

FreeKnight

Dewallt battery with USB adapter... 5Ah battery @20V works out to 100Wh, thats ~double a 10,000mah battery pack @5V is 50Wh.
I have the same thing with my Rigid batteries, but the downside is on a trip or something they still need to be recharged using your batteries proprietary charger. Great for an initial use but if you're on a longer trip an need something you can charge and drain a few times it means dragging an additional charger around.

justmehereajax

I went looking for a quality powerbank that not only has quality batteries but also a good design.

I settled on buying a Costco batterybank . Tzumi is the brand PocketJuice. I have seen this specific brand for years at Costco ... at least 3 years or more. It has a nice weight to it and has a rubberized coating. With.2 ports

I guess it is good quality with costco warranty.

The good thing about it is the output amperage. It can total 4.8amps . 2.4 amps each port. The cheaper powerbanks I own can do 2.1 at most charging with both ports shared so 1 amp each. Now I can charge quick without wasting time

I got it for 21 bucks with 12,000 mah. 1 year warranty with it. I plan to use it a lot because I do a lot of travelling now. I hate looking for AC power plugs. I carry the Apple iPad wall wart with me just in case. 18w

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter