What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Brave Browser (based on Chrome) Ethereum enabled?

Calypso

....anybody try this yet? Apparently, a browser that connects to the Ethereum block chain?.....rewards for browsing. Custom advertising.
I just installed it........and I should be able to mine through the brave browser?.......
When not gaming?

Calypso

....apparently, I've made 2 cents USD. That means I could conceivably make 3 cents a day USD. OMG! That's 11.00/ year. 24/7.
I'm getting a "cut of the action".

Bond007

Let us know what you “make” over a couple days. I never tried it, and it doesn’t sound like I will based your your initial earnings.

JD

Staff member
I think it's really meant to "donate" the money to the sites you enjoy where you've blocked the ads/tracking on. I don't know if there's anyway to get that money out otherwise.

Calypso

i'm really rusty at this. Its been 8 years since I was into cryptos in a big way.....and 3 days ago getting back in.
So, the brave browser is integrated into the ethereum blockchain. Brave is based on Chrome. There is an extension called metamask that will provide a wallet address and options for staking eth into DeFi. Once you have an address setup you're good to go for mining. Security so far is looking good. Might ssl the port if my pool provides one. We'll see. I'll say one thing about it.....damn fast. (the browser; not the mining)

I havnt explored the brave rewards thing in great detail and JD(Moderator)
hit it on the head. I have accumulated $0.41 USD and currently only predominately mine on it. One more note of interest. When I browse and mine at the same time on Brave?... my hashrate takes a minimal hit as opposed to firefox where a 30% drop in hash is normal.