What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Broke Asrock X48?

SugarJ

Staff member
So this morning, I was paying around with memset, tightening up my timings, seeing as I was running at DDR2-870 and my G-skills are rated DDR2-1000. Got my mem down to 5-4-4-10, and Memset wouldn't change CAS on the fly. Tried 4-4-4-10 set in the bios, system wouldn't boot, not really a suprise. I shut it off, but forgot to unplug the PSU. Cleared CMOS, moved jumper back to normal position, and the damn thing fired up when I replaced the jumper.

Now, it will take my FSB and voltage settings in BIOS, but boots at normal 333 Mhz, no matter what the FSB setting. It won't adjust with the OC Tuner in Vista. I've disconnected power, pulled the battery, cleared cmos with the jumper, and reflashed the BIOS.

Any other ideas? I think I fried something on the mobo and now I'm stuck running stock speeds. :censored:

sswilson

Staff member
Just a shot in the dark, but did you remember to clear the cmos after you did the flash? Other than that.... doesn't sound good.... :(

SugarJ

Staff member
Ya, did the whole remove power and battery thing again after the reflash. I might try flashing an older bios if I can't figure this out. That might resurrect it. Hopefully.

SugarJ

Staff member
:censored:. I've done something permanent and I can't resurrect it. Now this board will only run at stock speeds. Aaargh. I guess I should be happy the board still runs.

I'm gonna see if my son will trade me mobo's, he runs stock, and I can't stand it knowing I could be running at 4.0 instead of 3.0. It's killing me.

Eldonko

That is really weird, never saw that before. I will PM you an ASRock contact you can ask about this issue. Maybe they will know how to fix it.

Just sounds like corrupt BIOS to me but reflashing should have fixed it..

Latest posts

Twitter