What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BSOD During Windows Setup

Nevakonaza

Hey,Need assistance!

Basicly ive just replaced the mobo in my system to a Asus p5n32-Sli Premium.

Switched on the system,went into the BIOS and selected CD Rom as first bootable device and my SSD as second,So i can install windows fresh.

All seems to be going well in windows setup until i get to the part where it says...Expanding System Files and around 60% into doing that i get a BSOD. :cool:

Stop:0X00000024

Ive not a clue what its telling me :p,sorry for the bad image quality but does anyone know from the BSOD what the problem is?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b125/shaneathome/Photo0141.jpg

Nevakonaza

hmm...lets start by checking that there are no ram errors. grab ubcd and give it a go.
Thanks,Il download that and run tommorow as im off to work in a few mins.

So this BSOD is happening every attempt?

This is Windows 7 you are installing correct?
Yup 7 Home Premium X64.

I tried to install 3 times and got the BSOD,Now its not even getting to the windows setup,all it does is get to the screen in the install before you choose your language/location and it just hangs there.

Appreciate the help :thumb:

Nevakonaza

Ram passed memtest,my ssd also shown up fine in HD tune....must be the Mobo.

lcdguy

i would also check the sata mode on the bios as sometimes it defaults to ahci and can cause this. Try changing it to legacy or ide mode and see if you still get the bluescreen.

vohiep84

What LCDguy said.

That was my second guess if the ram was okay.

Check the sata modes.

I had a similiar problem before were I had to pre-load the sata drivers as well.

Latest posts

Twitter