What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BSOD When Opening Heaven or Valley

BabylonDown

Alrighty. Looks like I have to find a cheap set of DDR4 RAM. I had 4x4GB of Kingston Predator 1866 and it worked on my UD4 board no problem. Ive felt so gutted the last 24 hours that I hope its not the board.

KaptCrunch

i'd check the cpu socket for misaligned pins and check all ram slots connectors

are sprung and not flatten

BabylonDown

i'd check the cpu socket for misaligned pins and check all ram slots connectors

are sprung and not flatten

I checked the CPU socket thoroughly and didnt find any bent pins. Ill look into the ram slot connectors next.

In the meantime, Im going to try and source a cheap ram kit to see if it posts with four sticks.

BabylonDown

I didn't want to start a new thread so I figured I'd ask for help here.

I finally got my build together and tried to run Heaven and Valley to start overclockin the cards and I get a BSOD every time I try to open either of them. What could be the cause of that? My RAM issue still hasn't been solved. I've noticed the whole system seems a tiny bit laggy than normal. I ran a system file check and it came back with corrupted files, but it couldn't find a fix for them. Should I do a fresh install of Windows and start from scratch again?

GPU 1 is showing rarely any usage in Afterburner. GPU 2 is the one carrying all the load. I thought maybe I fried the card with the leak I had in my loop, but the leak was in GPU 2 spot not GPU1, so I don't know whats going on. Crossfire is enabled in Crimson, so I'm not sure what the issue is. I've reinstalled AMD drivers 3 or 4 times already.

Last edited:

MARSTG

BSOD in a 3D app usually means the video memory has an issue. Remove one card and test them one by one.

BabylonDown

BSOD in a 3D app usually means the video memory has an issue. Remove one card and test them one by one.

Well, I tore apart my loop, fresh installed Windows 7 and reinstalled the old coolers and tested both cards. Both cards work perfectly fine on there own.

I think I've experienced more problems with this new build than all the builds I've ever done combined. It makes me want to quit this hobby. lol

Any other suggesstions? I tried downloading the latest hotfix drivers from AMD, but it says it cannot detect the hardware, so I'm stuck with the up to date non-hotfix drivers.

sfc_scannow still brings up corrupted files, but cannot fix them.

I'm starting to lose hope...