What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BSOD while playing COD4 3 times in a row

tzetsin

ah, thats just my system at 3.6 with more than 1.4 vcore, i dont run that high, 1.32 vcore @ 3.5 = < 65°C core temps at peak load. i was just using as example. His system is much much cooler than mine @ 1.46 Vcore = < 65°C on air with an Ultra 120 wich is pretty amazing. Something i cant even come close to with the Zalman

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Good, that's much better. I've never seen 70C on any of my CPUs, let alone 80C...

@ Empty Quarter: COD is unstable too? Is there an issue with Quads and this game? And why did you change your XP sticks for the HPs?

tzetsin

i dont think theres a problem with quads and cod4, he said he played it for 3 weeks before the first bsod, i've played it quite a bit myself and never had any problem at all.

zlojack

Ok.

Memtest failed and had many errors with 8GB clocked at 5-5-5-12 1066 (which is not much different from the specs of the memory 5-5-5-15 1000)

Maybe I should just sell the extra 4 GB and stick with the great speed I have on 4GB.

Empty_Quarter

@ Empty Quarter: COD is unstable too? Is there an issue with Quads and this game? And why did you change your XP sticks for the HPs?
1) I got the HPs for dirt-cheap, $70 for all 4GB.
2) I was underclocking the XPs anyway to maintain 1:1 (currently @ FSB of 400)
3) My HTPC Could use some ram, my XPs made itself comfortable.
4) At stock, the HPs had lower timings, but the XPs can do the same timings.

Do I expect to see a difference between the XPs and HPs? No..

The BSODs didnt happen instantly, they just begun when I was about to finish the game (I think, At least I think I was about to finish). I dont know how far I was, but it started after the sniper mission. From the first BSOD, they just started to get alot more frequent. Until, one day, the BSOD somehow erased all my saved games. and I just stopped playing the game from then on.

So... I just dont play the game anymore.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
As an aside, Rivatuner and other hardware monitoring programs will crash coD4. There is a big thread about this on the IW forums. I was getting hard lockups until I disabled rivatuner. You can still use it, just set your overclock and then you can close the program and your clocks will stay set.

Empty_Quarter

As an aside, Rivatuner and other hardware monitoring programs will crash coD4. There is a big thread about this on the IW forums. I was getting hard lockups until I disabled rivatuner. You can still use it, just set your overclock and then you can close the program and your clocks will stay set.
Thanks for sharing.

However, I dont OC my card while playing COD4, simply because I dont need to. If I do OC, I use ATItool.

zlojack

Ok, so I think it's the memory.

I ran Memtest on the modules 2x2 and on the second set I get errors. I will do some more testing to see which module it is, then hopefully Canada Computers will help me out with the RMA.

Delavan

However, I dont OC my card while playing COD4, simply because I dont need to. If I do OC, I use ATItool.
Im my case, after getting crashes when using Riva, I switched to ATITOOLs to OC while playing COD4...same crashes...

According to some, "hardware monitoring" apps can cause COD4 to crash (something related to punkbuster) when playing online.

zlojack

Ok, so I think it's the memory.

I ran Memtest on the modules 2x2 and on the second set I get errors. I will do some more testing to see which module it is, then hopefully Canada Computers will help me out with the RMA.

I finally got somewhere yesterday.

Looks like one pair of the sticks can handle the tighter timings while the other pair can't.

When I set them to 5-5-5-15 on stock speed they pass the test.

Latest posts

Twitter