What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BST Post Requirement

Perineum

We've enacted a 25 post minimum before you can do any of the following:

View thread contents
Create a new thread
Post a reply to a thread

Basically, if you have less than 25 posts all you can do is view the thread title in the B/S/T area. We will see how this goes and increase the min. thread count if need be.:thumb:
I somewhat like this idea except that I think that a person with no posts whatsoever should still be able to buy..... shouldn't be any harm in that?

Supergrover

I'm assuming this hasn't gone into effect as of yet... Headsh0t (20 posts.. 21 now) just posted in there at 2:50 est (30 mins ago)
Yes it has gone into effect, Headshot created a spam thread to increase his post count so he would be able to access his FS thread, I waited until he had bumped his thread then deleted the Spam thread, dropping his post count down to 21.

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
I somewhat like this idea except that I think that a person with no posts whatsoever should still be able to buy..... shouldn't be any harm in that?
Slight modification. A person with no posts can now view thread contents and reply but can't post a new thread.:thumb:

mklym

If a person had to be a member for a month, or two, before being able to post a sale would give them plenty of time to generate 25 quality posts. I have seen this work on other forums.

JD

Staff member
We've enacted a 25 post minimum before you can create a new thread.

We will see how this goes and increase the min. thread count if need be.:thumb:
We will also be actively watching to make sure people aren't "spam" posting just so they can use the B/S/T area.
Slight modification. A person with no posts can now view thread contents and reply but can't post a new thread.:thumb:
I guess this is a good start, amazing how quickly it got implemented. Good work Gav and team.

However I'm not overly keen on 0 posters having access to view but that's just me.

gingerbee

thank gents/gals for getting to this fast thank once again ( even though i have not done any sales/purchases i plan on doing some as soon as my "penny in pocket" changes . ha ha)

Arinoth

Staff member
I guess this is a good start, amazing how quickly it got implemented. Good work Gav and team.

However I'm not overly keen on 0 posters having access to view but that's just me.
We could instead have it that 0 posters can have access to view but they cannot use the PM system other then to mods until they hit the 25 post mark as well. I do not know how easy/complicated of a task will be, however my hat is off to Gav and the team in being quick at this:punk:

Latest posts

Twitter