What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

BST Post Requirement

FiXT

Hall of Fame
What if a min. post count was only required to SELL as selling is TYPICALLY the are where people are scammed?

Scam buying is more difficult than scam selling, though paypal can cause issues, the onus is on the SELLER to ensure they are properly protected and the seller has the right to refuse a sale, no one is forcing them.

So basically, anyone is free to read the BST but only those with like a 25-50 post count can post under the section?

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
What if a min. post count was only required to SELL as selling is TYPICALLY the are where people are scammed?

Scam buying is more difficult than scam selling, though paypal can cause issues, the onus is on the SELLER to ensure they are properly protected and the seller has the right to refuse a sale, no one is forcing them.

So basically, anyone is free to read the BST but only those with like a 25-50 post count can post under the section?
I second this.

Even though the pink removes some of the seriousness of your reply.

Alwaysrun

I use my built in B/S/T filter. If they aren't a folder, affiliated with HWC or a long time user with a rating above 10 then they get filtered. But yeah I like your idea FiXT but correct me if I'm wrong here but hasn't something similar been suggested in the past but it was dismissed as being to problematic to implement into the site code. Who knows maybe with the new site upgrade they can do it now. I love the B/S/T section and paruse through it everyday, it sure would be nice if it got a facelift/streamlining like the rest of the site.

Even though the pink removes some of the seriousness of your reply.

+1 for FiXT's idea, +2 to John. rotfl! :rofl:

Jon_di2

I think it could lead to some pointless posts... between 25 and 50 pointless posts.... depending on if people abuse it or not. It does sound like a good idea to try out though.

Personally I just ignore BST posts from people who haven't been around for too long and not mentioning any names but to me the worst deals I've heard of have been with members who have more then 50 posts under their belt.

So I'm not sure how much its going to help other then clearing up some of the clutter in that section. I like the idea of a sticky post in that section giving tips on not getting scammed and advising people that trading with new and unknown members is dangerous.

Oh and consolidating the current stickys in that thread -

1)Updates & Current Changes with buy sell rules can be integrated with Buy/Sell Trade rules.
2) Tips for saving money on shipping costs can be expanded to include tips for not getting scammed.
3) Thread Crapping Clean up explained... this sticky can be removed as it has served its original purpose.
4)Review Units & iTrader - Leave as is.

gingerbee

It's not a dumping ground for every flunkie on the internet to flog their crap
I don't think i could have said it better my self. 100 posts sounds good

WolfBane

Well i don't buy alot but when i do i spend alot lol:)
Then again i have only sold one item and refunded 50 bucks of that back:)
but i really only deal with certain members that i trust :)
I would like to trust more but unless i am told by certain members they can be trusted i don't buy :)

chrisk

Folding Captain
You have to be careful with post counts....

...as people will just start making pointless posts to get the count up.

Perhaps a time limit (ie. 1 month) as mentioned already. Nothing is perfect, and if you rely on forum tech to protect you then you will still get screwed.

Silvgearx

Instead of post counts why not use HWC's Contribution Level, like you need level 10 or so to sell in BST :bleh:

As most of you guys can see, theres a MASSIVE AMOUNTS of spams in the BST section, craps like ohh you need a picture with your name on it and such craps, even tho the seller clearly stated that picture will be up within the hour. I think only MODS have the rights to tell that to sellers instead of seeing "oh you need a picture with your name on it x3 on a single thread."

We serious need more stricter rules at HWC, specially the BST section, its becoming a mess :rtfm:

Contribution Level Details

2270d1214349700-forum-contribution-level-level_up.jpg

Under every forum members name, there is a forum contribution bar which is made up of two parts.

1) The users current contribution level
2) Points needed to move up to the next level

If you click on your forum name, you will be able to see the detailed stats.

2272d1214349700-forum-contribution-level-level_up-3.jpg

The points are calculated as follows:

• Days Online (Points that are added for every day since registering) - 0.5
  • Points for Referrals (Points that are added for every user you refer to this site) - 100
  • Points for Threads (How many points given for single threads) - 2.5
  • Points for Thread Views (How many points given for views on threads) - 0.25
  • Points for Replies to Own Threads (How many points given for replies to own threads) - 0.15
  • Points for Sticky Threads (How many points be given for sticky threads) - 100
  • Points for Posts (How many points given for post made) - 2.3
Top Level is currently - 30

Latest posts