What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Budget case recommendations...

iv:xx

I've been conscripted to build a quick/simple/CHEAP PC, and I've gotten everything squared away except a case. What are people using these days that has decent airflow and space, but fits in the ~$100 range? If possible, something that looks half decent as well. I was looking at the Antec Sonata III, but as I've only ever built pretty high-end gaming rigs, this is all new to me.

Dwayne

With our without PSU? Cooler Master CM 690 is about $80 without a PSU and a good solid case. I still like the Antec line of cases, Antec Mini P180 is about $90 with no PSU. With PSU an Antec Sonata III comes with a 500W and s a good price at $97.99. All prices from the HWC Price Compare link.

miggs78

CM 690 is around $72 right now, and a very nice case, even enthusiasts like us use it, I've seen people use it for water cooling.

Although if you can get a P180 for less than $100, go for it!!..

sswilson

Staff member
What Dwayne said. :)

CM 690 for case without a PSU & Antec Sonatta III if you need a PSU.

iv:xx

I've got a PSU already, so that's taken care of. The CM690 looks a little too big, methinks. The Antec P180 is about right, but I'm worried about fitment. How are they for video cards? I've got to fit a 9800GT in there somehow.

miggs78

Imo I'll get a P180 over a Antec 300 anytime... Seriously the CM 690 does look big, but it sure is a very very nicely designed case, you'll love it.

Cptn Vortex

Heck I'm going to have a pretty darn good deal on some 300's very soon. Just went to a supplier show and they had some great show specials. Ordered 20, should be able to sell them as low as $50 brand new sealed in box.