What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Budget cell phone

Izerous

On 2y Fido ($44/mo plan) contract the G7 ThinQ I think was $0 down and they gave me $125 in Costco cash cards when I did mine. G6 was out of stock and told they were not going to re-stock it, at least here.

Not counting the cost of their 2 year warranty.

JD

Staff member
Best Buy seems to carry some of the Nokia models now too:

Or if you can push your budget: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/nokia-4-2-black-unlocked/13807361

I wouldn't expect miracles out of either, but it should at least be a reliable device. Both are running Android One I believe which means you get monthly security updates from Google.

gingerbee

It's well in your budget and for the price, it looks wicked AMOLED screen 8 core CPU/APU 32gb storage with 3gb ram plus it's fully unlocked so you can go with any carrier you want and if their service don't work out just jump ship

danmitch1

I just bought a moto G7, its really nice, good screen , good cpu, all good... it is rather slippery though! getting a case...

Prickly007

Thanks everyone. I looked at (the techincal specs of) each suggestion, but opted for Motorola Moto G7 Play from Costco. Still need to pick up a Public Mobility sim card, but, based on initial setup, the phone seems snappy enough.

In the end, Costco's return policy is hard to argue against; not that we return stuff very often, but (in this case) it offers a no risk ninety day trail.

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
Thanks everyone. I looked at (the techincal specs of) each suggestion, but opted for Motorola Moto G7 Play from Costco. Still need to pick up a Public Mobility sim card, but, based on initial setup, the phone seems snappy enough.

In the end, Costco's return policy is hard to argue against; not that we return stuff very often, but (in this case) it offers a no risk ninety day trail.

Almost makes we want to finally get a mobile after all these years. I'll resist though..:)

Prickly007

I held out for some two decades, you'll given in... eventually. Of course, I keep forgetting to take it with me when I go out. lol

Cannon Fodder

:LOL: And here I thought I was the last person on the planet to get a cell phone! ;) After doing a little looking around at various plans, it became a no-brainer, i.e. the plan I got is pretty much the same price as we were paying for our land line, but having a phone with you when out, plus the attraction of being able to text, AND having unlimited Canada-wide calling vs. our land line with long distance charges..... well, there's just no good reason for NOT having a cell phone.

Oh, and Prickly, now that you've had it for a short while, how are ya likin' that G7?

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
Actually I'm really happy with the land line and long distance package we have. It took a little "negotiation" but it's quite reasonable.

Sure it would be nice to be able to call home from the grocery store on occasion, but I can live with that.

Latest posts

Twitter